VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Ebenefits

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

I have been watching ebenefits for a long time on my claims. It state, need more evidents from me. Well I called the 1-800 and spoke to a nice lady. I ask her what else could they need, they have my DD214 showing I was on the ground in Viet Nam, and all the medals and awards I got. They also know my MOS and a copy of the eval from the MH facility from the VA in Columbus GA. Her reply was "I DON'T KNOW" and that is just a standard reply while waiting on a decision. She also said it would be about 8 months. I reminder it is showing up to 02/2013. Heck who knows what going on in the VA.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hollis - 02/2013 is the next date your claim is scheduled to be looked at. At that time they may decide if they have all the evidence, may request more, may make a decision . . . who knows! Sorry it takes so long but "it is what it is" and that's just life. Your decision is coming, eventually. I know this doesn't help but hang in there. jmo

pr

Hollis

Dont let "Peggy" blow you off. They will often try just that. VA is trained if they dont know the answer they are to "baffle us with BS". Many times that works...we have to Holler "BS".

Send an IRIS email with your "question"....... it sounds like a legit one to me. Something like:

IRIS:

Ebenefits shows my claim is being held up due to non receipt of evidence. Could you please tell me the evidence that is holding this up?

Signed...Ima Veteran.

Time after time I have seen this with VA. If you ask three VA people something you will get 3 vastly different answers. Just keep going till you get the answer you want to hear. You have to keep reminding yourself the VA has inept management.

Just a note is that Ebenefits showed that they needed more evidence from me for the last 2 claims I had up until the day it was decided.If you have given them all the evidence they have requested and all that you have I wouldn't worry about this too much.I think that this is a canned posting that they put up on all claims....good luck....Grid

Edited by Gridsmasher11