VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenfits Ruling

Rate this question

Kray

Question

I submitted my claim for dependents in July 2012 and it appears that it was settled today and from what I see it seems that it has been disapproved and I must appeal. No other infomation is available on the web site. Guess I must wait until I get a letter of some sort. The Va has many ways to determine dependent status (wife); Deers, IRS, yet they take three months tosay no, if I understand it properly.

Date/Type of Claim Date Closed Updates Action 07/24/2012

Dependency 10/30/2012 Appeal is Possible View Boards of Veterans' Appeal Staus

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

see if your rate went up. see if you have a retro payment.

Thanks for your reponse.

Unless I am wrong I believe Dependents allowance has nothing to do with my rate and I do not see any retro payment

Wow, I have also applied for my dependency retro-pay. I have submitted all of the information needed like: Birth Certificates, Social security cards, marriage license, and divorce decree. I filed with the Atlanta RO in July 2012 and Ebennies stated that I should recieve a decision by March 2013.

I never thought that a dependency claim with sufficient evidence could be denied.......what a bomber

I must have omitted sending something but must wait until I receive a letter to tell me what to do. Oh well just another set-back that will be overcome.

I see we submitted about the same time and yet your settlement date is much later than mine.

Best of luck to you.

you show a sc disability of 30%. If your dependants are added you will get more money. That is what I meant when I said "see if your rate went up".

do you have an ab8 letter available under the letter generator? it will show how much you get and an effective date. if the effective date is recent and your amount did not go up then you were denied.

you show a sc disability of 30%. If your dependants are added you will get more money. That is what I meant when I said "see if your rate went up".

do you have an ab8 letter available under the letter generator? it will show how much you get and an effective date. if the effective date is recent and your amount did not go up then you were denied.

The more I post on the forum the more I learn. I did not know about the letters (AB8) option, so I downloaded it and it says 30%, no change in dollar amount, effective August 1, 2012 and the letter is dated November 1, 2012. I do not see any other letter with any information about the denial. I can only assume that they will mail me a letter and then I will provide what they need.

You have been very helpful and I am still learning about this site since I just registered one week ago. Thank You.