VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenfits Ruling

Rate this question

Kray

Question

I submitted my claim for dependents in July 2012 and it appears that it was settled today and from what I see it seems that it has been disapproved and I must appeal. No other infomation is available on the web site. Guess I must wait until I get a letter of some sort. The Va has many ways to determine dependent status (wife); Deers, IRS, yet they take three months tosay no, if I understand it properly.

Date/Type of Claim Date Closed Updates Action 07/24/2012

Dependency 10/30/2012 Appeal is Possible View Boards of Veterans' Appeal Staus

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

What you posted in no way indicates a denial. WIth a date of 10/30/2012 it will not show on the Nov 1 check (it can't move through finance that fast).

Give it a week or two.

Last fall VA sent me a letter telling me my son would turn 18 in December and come off the award unless I filled out the school attendance form. So I filled the form out sent it right back within the 60Days I had to keep benefits un-interrupted. When I filled out the form I did one for his high school, one for his college included the college acceptance letter, enrollment deposit payment and ist term schedule. They dropped him from the award, It took them until May of this year to put him back on the award. Then they dropped him in June, I called to ask why and they said they can only process one school form at a time. I asked them to act on the form they received in Oct 11, they stated since he was off the system again I had to send in another form. Been waiting since 6/25/12 the projected completion is 12-7-12 to May 2013. The status remains Received (first step).

Best regards,

What you posted in no way indicates a denial. WIth a date of 10/30/2012 it will not show on the Nov 1 check (it can't move through finance that fast).

Give it a week or two.

Last fall VA sent me a letter telling me my son would turn 18 in December and come off the award unless I filled out the school attendance form. So I filled the form out sent it right back within the 60Days I had to keep benefits un-interrupted. When I filled out the form I did one for his high school, one for his college included the college acceptance letter, enrollment deposit payment and ist term schedule. They dropped him from the award, It took them until May of this year to put him back on the award. Then they dropped him in June, I called to ask why and they said they can only process one school form at a time. I asked them to act on the form they received in Oct 11, they stated since he was off the system again I had to send in another form. Been waiting since 6/25/12 the projected completion is 12-7-12 to May 2013. The status remains Received (first step).

Best regards,

71 i got the same exact thing on mine. i do believe that i need to wait until that letter generates.

Give it a week or two.

Best regards,

Ok will keep checking. I just figured "Appeal is Possible" meant it was denied. Live and learn but that is a strange way of posting by the VA. As I stated earlier the more I am on this board the more I learn. 71M10, rdawd and others, I really appreciate you for providing helpful information.

The AB8 has strange meaning also and leads you to think that you are sending them a letter, when actually you receive from them.

Thanks again.

Dependents benefits can definitely be denied! While you either have dependents or you dont, the "effective date" of dependents can be an issue.

The way the VA does it is this.

The VA assumes we are all losers and will get a divorce or abandon our kids. So if we apply in 2002, and finally get benefits in 2008, you have one year to tell the VA about your dependents, (after a 2008 RO decision) or, you wont get benefits for them from 2002-2008. It is not enough to tell the VA about your dependents in 2002, they want you to do it all over again in 2008, assuming you have gotten a divorce and abandoned all your kids. It just shows how little the VA thinks about the Veterans they are supposed to serve.

They do it that way so they can hornswaggle us out of more money. You see, we think we already sent in dependents info..but the VA insists on it being sent in TWICE, not once. I am not sure they are within compliance of regulations on this, but you will have to fight them tooth and nail, as I am, on dependents beneftis also. I am owed dependent benefits for at least 5 years. Its any excuse to deny.

Edited by broncovet