VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ebenfits Ruling

Rate this question

Kray

Question

I submitted my claim for dependents in July 2012 and it appears that it was settled today and from what I see it seems that it has been disapproved and I must appeal. No other infomation is available on the web site. Guess I must wait until I get a letter of some sort. The Va has many ways to determine dependent status (wife); Deers, IRS, yet they take three months tosay no, if I understand it properly.

Date/Type of Claim Date Closed Updates Action 07/24/2012

Dependency 10/30/2012 Appeal is Possible View Boards of Veterans' Appeal Staus

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I submitted an email to IRIS back in November requesting what has happened to my Dependent Status form that was settled on ebenefits in October 2012 with no written response from the VA. I also included that no written repsonce or money was received from the VA on the Re-tro pay approved by CRSC back in September. To date I have not received any Dependent funds or re-tro pay.

Today I received a response from my IRIS question submitted in early November. It said nothing to help anwer my questions on where is the funds. They are not too slow and still provided no help.

Also, I have also been unable to obtain any of my military records and my only award has been from the Agent Orange connection for IHD.

Two weeks ago, I went to my Congressman and they are looking into the lack of military records; lack of dependent status and lack of re-tro pay. Maybe I will get some help there but have my doubts.

Mine 19 YO son's college attendance is still "received". I also found an interesting tidbit in M21-1MR, apparently back in February of 2012 they changed the regulation. If you have an 18 YO on the award and VA has in thier possesion documents that indicate and intent to continue school they are not to drop the dependent from the system, they are supposed to stay on until the VA complets/processes the form and renders a decision. Great Idea if they would do it.

I submitted my claim for dependents in July 2012 and it appears that it was settled today and from what I see it seems that it has been disapproved and I must appeal. No other infomation is available on the web site. Guess I must wait until I get a letter of some sort. The Va has many ways to determine dependent status (wife); Deers, IRS, yet they take three months tosay no, if I understand it properly.

Date/Type of Claim Date Closed Updates Action 07/24/2012

Dependency 10/30/2012 Appeal is Possible View Boards of Veterans' Appeal Staus

I submitted via IRIS for an answer to my claim for dependent and today (nearly 4 months later) I received the following email answer from IRIS.

"Good morning Kenneth, after reviewing your claim folder they located your claim for dependency. The claim will be processed and your dependents will be added to your award back to where they were eligible. If applicable, a retro check will be processed and you will be notified. They apologize for the inconvenience."

I first submitted my request in August 2012 for dependents and guess it will take another 6 months to get it. Who knows.

In addition I also requested information on when I will received re-tro pay for my 30% claim after filing for CRSC with approval. I got CRSC portion, but they stated that the VA will give big amount. IRIS stated they could not answer the question on the retro pay so I am still waiting. I really do not know who to contact to get my re-tro pay back to 2010.

LOL I submitted a dependency claim back in August 2012 and they will not work on it because I have two active claims in with the RO. I did an IRIS request and she stated that it takes approx 8 months at the St Pete VARO on all claims. Hello its April, 8 months and the dependency claim hasn't moved and it shows overdue. I don't know how hard it is to look at a birth certificate and ss card and on top of that they have access to the IRS database and already know if someone is a dependent.

They are just slow, slow, slow...