VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Big Fat "thanks" For All The Help From Hadit.com - We Did It!

Rate this question

CCC

Question

Just a quick note here to say thank you for all of the help you guys have given us here. We got our 100% approval letter today! We worked for a long time for this, and you guys, as usual, were a wealth of information, and I swear, I don't think we could have done it without you.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I'm not finished. They rated him, and are only paying him backpay for a very short time. That, to me, is in dispute, and will be appealled. For this, I have a question.

Hubs told me that there's a certain percentage point that, once you get there, they automatically bump you up to 100% as unemployable. Does anyone know what that is? He thought it was 75 or 80% but wasn't sure.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Iu clarification:

With a single condition must be 60 percent

Combinations must total 70 percent with 1 at 40 percent,

Hope this helps.

Thanks - helps alot. So with him being, effective August 2011, 60% cardiac, 10% left knee, 10% right knee and 10% tinnitus, he should be eligible for 100% because he's 60 singular (cardiac) and 90 total. Is that right?

• HadIt.com Elder

Iu clarification:

With a single condition must be 60 percent

Combinations must total 70 percent with 1 at 40 percent,

Hope this helps.

John - no offense but the ratings quoted in 38 CFR 4.16(a) aren't true, as 38 CFR 4.16(b) kinda supercedes it. One does not need 60% or 70% for TDIU, as one can get an extra-schedular rating, w/o meeting those numbers.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks - helps alot. So with him being, effective August 2011, 60% cardiac, 10% left knee, 10% right knee and 10% tinnitus, he should be eligible for 100% because he's 60 singular (cardiac) and 90 total. Is that right?

No, 60+10+10+10 = 71%, which is rounded down to 70%. There may be a bi-lateral rating factor for the two knees. See 38 CFR 4.25, the ratings table. http://cfr.vlex.com/vid/4-25-combined-ratings-table-19774341

pr

"One does not need 60% or 70% for TDIU, as one can get an extra-scheduler rating, w/o meeting those numbers."

You might as well buy a lottery ticket as bank on extra scheduler. I know from personal experience. I had the C&P that supported it and the RO recommendation. It goes then to the Director of C&P in Washington. See if you can find someone on this site that ever won there...

If you are going to win, it will be at BVA. My opinion, but it is where I came out on top.

• HadIt.com Elder

John - no offense but the ratings quoted in 38 CFR 4.16(a) aren't true, as 38 CFR 4.16(b) kinda supercedes it. One does not need 60% or 70% for TDIU, as one can get an extra-schedular rating, w/o meeting those numbers.

pr

How many Ex schedular ratings have you seen. I havnt seen very many in 20 plus years.

J