VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Should I Do Now That I Am Closed

Rate this question

SpcDearman

Question

i am in a closed status as of yesterday. I am happy/sad/nervous. i see no AB8 letter to generate (it may be to early) and epeggy has not been able to supply any information at all concerning my denial/award. Is it too early to ask for copies of my medical records and all c & p 's performed? Should I just sit and wait patiently? For some reason (RDAWG) i do believe that I have been denied. I have not had treatment on my shoulders in 14 years but as soon as my claim started treatment did begin and is still ongoing. Should I worry about this?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

in ebeneys, under "Apply for Benefits" click the "Benefits Explorer" link. If you are rated it will show your current rating. It may not be there yet as it was closed just yesterday.

I gave my honest opinion on your chances because I did the same thing on the claim for my back. I injured it in service (documented about 20 times), self treated for about 10 years until it was too bad, went to the dr and was treated for about 2 years, then I filed thinking the VA would connect the dots. They did not. I was denied in about 4 months. I found Hadit, read what it takes to get service connected, got an IMO from Dr. Bash, submitted IMO with a letter asking to withdraw my NOD (DAV rep submitted NOD as Standard operating procedure) and reconsider based on the new evidence. I was granted service connection 60 days later.

Good luck.

rdawg stop talking and depressing me. i am just kidding sir. i really appreciate your help. I know that you are a realist like me and anticipated the VA to lowball me. Somewhere in the process i thought that they would do the right thing. Ok so i requested a copy of my medical records and all fitness reports. Please keep leaving your opinion. is Dr. Bash expensive? i have heard about him quite a bit.

Oh and dont get me started on my back. i did not claim it and hae been diagnosed with Scoliosys. Good thing is that it was documented upon my enlistment. they saw it and entered me anyway. Go figure. And again Rdawg, you comments are greatly appreciated sir. The previous was a failed attempt at humor. i wont quit my day job.

in ebeneys, under "Apply for Benefits" click the "Benefits Explorer" link. If you are rated it will show your current rating. It may not be there yet as it was closed just yesterday.

I gave my honest opinion on your chances because I did the same thing on the claim for my back. I injured it in service (documented about 20 times), self treated for about 10 years until it was too bad, went to the dr and was treated for about 2 years, then I filed thinking the VA would connect the dots. They did not. I was denied in about 4 months. I found Hadit, read what it takes to get service connected, got an IMO from Dr. Bash, submitted IMO with a letter asking to withdraw my NOD (DAV rep submitted NOD as Standard operating procedure) and reconsider based on the new evidence. I was granted service connection 60 days later.

Good luck.

I did this sir and there is nothing as of yet. You are correct. It is too early to tell. Even if I get 10% i will be happy.