VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heads Up Iu Folks

Rate this question

jbasser

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are receiving IU and you receive a emplyment verification request form, fill it out and send it certified return recipt, Fed Ex or Ups.

A Buddy of mine supposedly was sent a leltter from the Louisville RO .

He did not receive it and he was contacted by the DAV chewing him out for not sendint it in.

I have two issues here. The RO Sent one in March that he did fill out and send back.so they have the completed form.

Also the DAV rep should have assisted the veteran instead of acting like he is employed by the VA.

Cut to yesterday. They cut his IU and he did not receive his 60 percent either.

What a bunch of crooks.

He is in touch with an attorney.

J

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

this mess with IU and the work form has been an annual problem for about 5 years now when the VAROs started focusing on it they let the forms lapse for awhile since each vet has a different month when their IU was approved it doesn't do you any good to send a form in every Jan, but most vets know when their month of grant was made and I would have a stack of those forms ready to go the month prior to the annual date and send it in return receipt requested or if you live close enouh drive the form down to the VARO and get a date stamped copy from a service center rep.

the lawyer is overkill at this point, bottom line is the vet still needs to file the form there has been no change in the vets work ability IU in order to lose it is go back to work or not return the income form annually

I don't see paying a lawyer 20% to file a form the vet can do I would have only got the lawyer involved if the VARO refused to restart the IU compensation after I submitted the document they claim is needed. We all know they play games, and most of us are proactive on this type of stuff because we have seen it to many times in the past 10-40 years this is not new

Hello All,

Jbasser,,,that is why I caution every Veteran on using the DAV. They do act like they work for the VA not the Veteran. I fired them years ago after they screwed my claim up so bad and would not use them if my life depended on it. If I had to use a VSO it would probably be Americian Legion, Vietnam Veterans of American and maybe PVA or VFW in possibly that order. Then I would, without hesitation, get a lawyer after the initial decision comes back. This is just another way the VA can "force out" a Veteran and not take care of this countrys Veterans as promised. Oh yea,,,,,that is 38 CFR 3.103 part d......DUE PROCESS.......at its best.... isn't it? NEVER GIVE UP . God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• HadIt.com Elder

Cut to yesterday. They cut his IU and he did not receive his 60 percent either.

J

Sorrry to hear this, J. JMHO, Your buddy should send in a Hardship Request, also. After 20 years on IU, they will leave em' alone.