VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

New Conus Ao Claim Won

jamescripps2

Question

I have in my hands the BVA decision, it is a new AO win @ Fort Gordon GA. dated Oct.17, 2012. When it is posted on the BVA web site it is DOCKET NO.10-06 183. We worked on the evidence and submitted the claim for DM II at the Nashville TN. RO four years ago.

Never give up,

James

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

7 answers to this question

I have in my hands the BVA decision, it is a new AO win @ Fort Gordon GA. dated Oct.17, 2012. When it is posted on the BVA web site it is DOCKET NO.10-06 183. We worked on the evidence and submitted the claim for DM II at the Nashville TN. RO four years ago.

Never give up,

James

That is great news! I need to look up the decision,I was at 3 locations where AO was used Fort lewis,Wa, Ft Gordon,Ga (pulled Guard duty in Sept 1971 at a beautiful park to keep everyone away on the weekends.First time with Georgia Moonshine in a beautiful lodge.One quart toasted 4 of us!!) and even got to play with AO in S. Korea.I was denied Korea exposure because I arrived in Korea 30 days after August 31,1971 deadline.So I guess the CAD,DmII, Graves Disease and a couple of other things are just my imagination!

You are correct. "CONUS" is the Continental United States. Alaska and Hawaii are excluded from CONUS. There was one AO claim won by a vet whose duties and exposure was on on a golf course in Hawaii. There was also a AO exposure win at Fort Greeley Alaska and I know of several more Fort Greeley claims that are pending at this time.

This latest Fort Gordon win is only the fifth AO win inside CONUS to my knowledge. This win was for a National Guard officer who was at Fort Gordon for training. Not only did the win establish his medical care and compensation but it also established his veterans' status as a veteran. He was exposed to AO while on active duty for training purposes.

I expect that Berta will chime in on this one. There is also another extenuating factor in this claim, the Veteran did not arrive at Fort Gordon until seven days after the conceded defoliation testing at Fort Gordon. Can you see the inference in this win?

James

Hello James, Thanks for your post and helping our Veterans community. I just wanted to post this environmental report from Fort Greely Restoration and Advirsory Board. Part of ADEC. In this report you will see undeniable evidence that Dioxins and Furans are being detected in the soil samples. It is a long read but you will also notice other very harmful COC s in the test analysis of several sites.

I am service connected from Fort Greely and moving ahead with the rest and am one of the very few to have a claim from Fort Greely awarded. Still the VA got it wrong but have to go thru the system.

Now this is evidence that says it is definitely in the soil, at Fort Greely, even though it has been 25 + years since the test in the 1990s . There are some other test I have but this one is long enough so please skip down to the following tables and read. CONCLUSIVE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE.

This site is the real deal for finding any toxic site including the SM1A and pipeline used for dumping radioactive waste into Jarvis Creek at Fort Greely.

http://www.smdcen.us...minrecords.aspxhttp://www.smdcen.us...minrecords.aspx

After you go to this site then scroll down to this. It was too large to download

2002 Soil Evaluation and Risk Assessment Sites 85S 85N 133 112 Fort Greely Alaska Rev1 06Dec2002 Part 2 (15.8 MB)

Table 5-30 Dioxin Furan Anaylsis Fort Greely Five Training Pits

Table 5-230

Table 5-231

Table 5-232

Table 5-233

Table 18-1-18-7 Site 85 N Dioxins Sample Analyticals July 1998 21-22

Archiving this here at Hadit will allow others to see the scientific data that will be able to be used in the claims process. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate (see edit history)

Hello James,

Yes ,,,,,, I wonder how the DOD is going to say how it got there. Remember Congressman Lane Evans got so many bases put on the Agent Orange list but then he ran out of time , and Fort Greely , just did not make it to the list. However the fact is that it was used and is still in the remediation process and recorded there at Fort Greely. So now we have to get it to the courts to make it precedence.

The real interesting situation is that as far as we know there are no Spraying Records for any base on the list. The DOD and the National Archives will not turn them over. If you try to FOIA them, they will turn you down. Try to get those spraying records for Fort Gordon and you will come up short. Actually the only copy of a spraying record shows up in the Installation and Assessment Report for Fort Greely 1973 which was "leaked" and post on the web. James do you know of any spraying records from anywhere? I believe this to be a huge coverup and keeps the DOD from having to acknowledge all of the places it was REALLY used. Those places show up in the Agent Orange Training Seminar list I posted in another topic. Those are now archived here at Hadit under the Agent Orange Section.

These Spraying Records numbers are once again. DA Form 2785 or 2785R and DD 1532. Finding these are like finding GOLD.

Thanks again for your help. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate (see edit history)