VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cfs, Gerd, And Ibs

Rate this question

jdman

Question

I just had my C&P Exam today for CFS, GERD, Dysphagia, and IBS today. I met with the doctor for about an hour and he went over every detail of my medical records. He stated from my medical records that he could link my chronic mononucleosis to CFS. He also stated that he could link my dysphagia in my medical records to an esophageal stricture and GERD. He stated that he could not link IBS for my medical records. There was stuff in my medical records stating diarrhea but he stated everything was linked to my mono. How much weight does a C&P examiner have when it comes to linking military service to current conditions? What is the rating schedule for each of these? or can you tell me where to find them at? Are Dysphagia and GERD rated separately since I have chronic dysphagia along with having an esophageal stricture and GERD? I have provided the VA medical documentation showing my Dyshphagia, GERD, Mono, and IBS.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

or can you tell me where to find them at? I could be really snarky and merely say '... Look in 38 CFR Pt 4 ...' , but I won't.

Requirements for a diagnosis of chronic fatigue syndrome are at 38 CFR 4.88a http://www.benefits....PART4/S4_88.DOC .

Rating criteria for CFS are at DIagnostic Code (DC) 6354 at 38 CFR 4.88b http://www.benefits....ART4/S4_88b.DOC

Stricture is evaluated as DC 7204 at 38 CFR 4.114 http://www.benefits....ART4/S4_114.DOC .

GERD is rated under the criteria for Hiatal Hernia, DC 7346 at 38 CFR 4.114 .

IBS is rated under DC 7319 at 38 CFR 4.114

You can receive separate evaluations for esophageal stricture. You cannot receive separate evaluations for GERD and IBS. For why, read the intro to paragraph 4.114.

I doubt that you'd get separate evaluations for CFS and mononucleosis.

I just had my C&P Exam today for CFS, GERD, Dysphagia, and IBS today. I met with the doctor for about an hour and he went over every detail of my medical records. He stated from my medical records that he could link my chronic mononucleosis to CFS. He also stated that he could link my dysphagia in my medical records to an esophageal stricture and GERD. He stated that he could not link IBS for my medical records. There was stuff in my medical records stating diarrhea but he stated everything was linked to my mono. How much weight does a C&P examiner have when it comes to linking military service to current conditions? What is the rating schedule for each of these? or can you tell me where to find them at? Are Dysphagia and GERD rated separately since I have chronic dysphagia along with having an esophageal stricture and GERD? I have provided the VA medical documentation showing my Dyshphagia, GERD, Mono, and IBS.