VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Questionaire

Rate this question

Hollis

Question

Hi I have file a claim for PTSD back in MAY. I have not had nor am I schedule for and C&P. But I would like to know if someone has any hard copies of some questions that I can buy. I would like to learn what type of questions I be asked. If anyone does please PM me and we can talk.Thanks

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ok since I was asked to re post this in the right place , well here I am. AS stated before I got a C&P on hypertension and PTSD this week and not worrried about the hypertension , but I am about the PTSD. I know that I am getting stress out over this. As stated before I hate to start talking about things I have buried for over 40 years. I just like to keep the demons in hiding, but I know that not what going to happen. I know all I have to do is tell the truth and I will. But if I am asked about dates on some of the fire fights, I be loss. I can't rermember that for back, nor did I keep a diary of things I did while in Viet Nam. Oh well thanks for letting me vent a little.

Ok since I was asked to re post this in the right place , well here I am. AS stated before I got a C&P on hypertension and PTSD this week and not worrried about the hypertension , but I am about the PTSD. I know that I am getting stress out over this. As stated before I hate to start talking about things I have buried for over 40 years. I just like to keep the demons in hiding, but I know that not what going to happen. I know all I have to do is tell the truth and I will. But if I am asked about dates on some of the fire fights, I be loss. I can't rermember that for back, nor did I keep a diary of things I did while in Viet Nam. Oh well thanks for letting me vent a little.

Hollis,

The examiner should have at least some of your records there at the exam.

The examiner should already know you were in a combat area.

They will just need the basics on your stressors and how you are currently effected

by things.

The "stressor" just serves as evidence to support the diagnosis and service connection.

How the diagnosed condition currently effects you, is used to figure the evaluation for

a percentage level.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Carlie, your words are helpful and reassuring. I will post back the results as I see them.

Ok brothers and sisters, I had my C&P today, and boy was I surprised. Th Dr asked lots of questions, but mostly about family history. and if I have ever be in trouible with the police, or jail time, no to both questions. We talked about my depression and anxiety sleeping problems. I told him I was up at 3:30 this morning and have not been back to sleep. I told him I woke up to screaming noise, and looked around the house and out side,,, nothing was found. He is the kicker, he did not want to talk about my time in Viet Nam.He said he has interviewed several dog handlers in the past and knew what we went thru, and there no reason to bring it all back out. I liked that as I was afraid things would go bad from there. OVER ALL I think all went ok. Thanks for all the help I have gotten from here.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hollis

I got a PTSD stressor from a dog handler. He was standing by my guard bunker at night chatting with the guy that was awake while I was trying to get a little sleep. The dog got away from the handler and fell into my bunker knocking over the M-60. I woke up with a big, black German Shepard staring at me. I froze and the dog handler crapped his pants because he was worried the dog would eat me up and he would get a courts martial, ha, ha.

John