VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Roller Coaster

Rate this question

willie 74

Question

I applied for TDIU once I was granted SSD. After about the elevan month mark I recieved a letter stating that I would recieve a decision within 2-3 weeks. After waiting two months I called the 1-800 number and was told that it was kicked back, whatever that meant. I continued to watch E-Benefits and I have saw it go through the phases. Again it was in the waiting decision approval phase for about three months. I checked the other day and it went to gathering of evidence with a possible completion time of December next year. I once again callled and they said that it was kicked back again and they were waiting for my service records. This claim has been in for 18 months now with another possible year on top of it.

I have recently told my Voc Rehab counselor about my SSD award and it is odd that this is happening at the same time. I am just wondering if any body has been through this, as I cannot get a direct answer from the VA. Thanks

Pete

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Well, yes, many of us have been through this kind of thing. You cant get answers from VA...they make sure we cant call them. It is not JUST TDIU...the delay us for everything. With TDIU they send out a letter to your last employer. Sometimes it takes time for him to send that back. Have you contacted your last employer? Did they get the form?

Have you had SGE (Substantial Gainfull employment) in the past 12 months.

There is a difference between unemployed and unemployable. Did your doc say you are unemployable?

Lots of Vets advocates dont recommend ebenefits. Why? Well for reasons such as your question. It gets a Vets hopes up, then they find out their claim needs more development. Sometimes, when the VA asks you for information and you dont give that to them, you wont know what held it up.

I would try an IRIS email inquiring as to the status. Ebenefits is notoriously unreliable.

Thanks for the response,

According to SSD I am unemployable and have been since my discharge from the military. 2009 So my last employeer was the military. What is a IRIS? Thanks again for the response. It is just weird how they sent me a letter stating the claim will be completed in a couple of weeks then boom, back to nothing. Now they say another year.. Good times for us all..