VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re-Evaluation Of Sc Disabilities

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

I'm 90% / 100% unemployable and received the Re-evaluation form letter in the mail yesterday. I have been at this rating since about June of 2011. I P&T and have Chap 35 dependent education benefits listed in my award letter. I was also retired from the federal gov for my SC conditions.

• Answers 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Background:

I am 90% / 100% UI with P&T and Chap 35 dependent benefits listed in my award letter. I retired from my Gov Position because of my SC conditions, I continue to receive treatment from the VA and have not improved.

My question is this. Is this a automatically generated letter that goes out based on a trigger in the system, or is it a conscience effort by the VA. I do know it is a form letter based on some research. It seems some people get it with no appointment ever scheduled, while others do get called in. I just wondering if I need to start getting together 100's of pages of paperwork.

Also, has anyone else been through this?

Thanks

Background:

I am 90% / 100% UI with P&T and Chap 35 dependent benefits listed in my award letter. I retired from my Gov Position because of my SC conditions, I continue to receive treatment from the VA and have not improved.

My question is this. Is this a automatically generated letter that goes out based on a trigger in the system, or is it a conscience effort by the VA. I do know it is a form letter based on some research. It seems some people get it with no appointment ever scheduled, while others do get called in. I just wondering if I need to start getting together 100's of pages of paperwork.

Also, has anyone else been through this?

Thanks

Welcome,

What letter did you receive ?

Welcome,

What letter did you receive ?

A is required to periodically re-evaluate certain disabilities. We have requested a physical examination of your service-connected disability(ies) so that we may review the severity of the condition(s) to ensure that you are properly evaluated.

In a short period of time, the VA medical facility that will conduct the examination will notify you as to its time and place and any special preparations for the exam. You may have already received the scheduling letter.

If you do not report for this required examination, it could result in the reduction or discontinuance of any VA compensation benefits that you may be receiving. If your mailing address is different than that shown above, please advise us of your new mailing address. You should notify us immediately of any changes in your mailing address.

IF YOU RESIDE IN THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES, ALASKA, HAWAII OR PUERTO RICO, YOU MAY CONTACT VA WITH QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE FREE HELP BY CALLING OUR TOLL-FREE NUMBER 1-800-827-1000 (FOR HEARING IMPAIRED TDD 1-800-829-4833).

M. MARSH

VETERANS SERVICE CENTER MANAGER

How long have you been rated at IU with P&T ?

Normally, IMO, this is not an automatically generated letter

UNLESS you are nearing a 10/20 year point for protection of benefits.

Hopefully others will chime in.

Since around June 2011

Well one of my claims effective day started (retro after years of fighting) in 05 my other wasn't back paid that far for some reason or another. I didn't fight it because i didn't want to rock the boat. I went from 0 to 90/100 ui after years of fighting.