VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

MarkInTexas

Thursday, I spoke with my American Legion representative at the Houston VARO to check on my status. I usually do it once a month to see how things are percolating.

He said that as of October 29th, my file had moved to "Special Ops", and he noted that it was probably because my claim was on of the ones that is over two years old.

Anybody had their claim moved over to that section in the past? If so, does it mean a good thing? Or just another delay?

I'm still in Gathering Dust stage on eBenefits, but still patiently watching the paint dry.

Good luck to all of you, and happy Veterans Day tomorrow!

Peace out!

Mark

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wild, They even work on Sundays there? Man, I'd be lucky just to get a hold of someone here durning normal working hour durning the week, let alone on a Sunday! Good for you.

Well, mine has actually been in for 28 months and in the Review Of Evidence Stage for 6 deferred contents that weren't decided the first time they give me a partial rating.

But, honestly I haven't heard of "Special Ops" and what their job is. Hopefully, it's a good thing, and you get your claim decided really soon.

Good luck, and Happy Veterans day too you as well.

Hey Mark, DAV said mine was moved to special ops also last month .....so hopefully we can both hear some favorable news soon.

Good Luck, and Happy Veterans day to all.

Wild, They even work on Sundays there? Man, I'd be lucky just to get a hold of someone here durning normal working hour durning the week, let alone on a Sunday! Good for you.

Well, mine has actually been in for 28 months and in the Review Of Evidence Stage for 6 deferred contents that weren't decided the first time they give me a partial rating.

But, honestly I haven't heard of "Special Ops" and what their job is. Hopefully, it's a good thing, and you get your claim decided really soon.

Good luck, and Happy Veterans day too you as well.

Aggie,

Yeah, I use my American Legion representative as my Peggy contact. I never have luck with the 1-800 number, and usually sit on hold for over an hour (if I'm lucky). So I use the AL as a quicker way to reach a human being, and they pull up the same information that a VA call center worker does.

Honestly, I often have to call several times because I get voicemail "A LOT", but sooner or later I reach a real live person.

We'll see how this whole "Special Ops" thing plays out. Happy Veterans Day!

Mark

Mark

This is what I was able to find out on this hope it helps. John

The Special Ops lane is for more difficult claims, such as those with eight or more contentions, longstanding pending claims, complex conditions, such as traumatic brain injury and special monthly compensation, and other claims requiring extensive time and expertise.

http://veterans.hous...-jeffrey-hall-1

http://www.fra.org/AM/template.cfm?template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=13944&section=news

Edited by manning01

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use