VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C& P Exams Why Do I Need Some Of The Tests They Want

Rate this question

mlriffraff

Question

Hello

I am new to this Forum. I recently retired form active Duty in June 12. I submitted a quick claim ( not so quick) two of the conditions on the initial claim were for heart issues. Its now November and I just got scheduled for my C&P's first whats weird is I live 5 miles from a big VA facility but they are sending me to one thats 135 miles a way for the exam. the next is my heart condition has got much worse. in fact just 2 weeks ago i had an Echo, a TEE, and a cardiac Cath. the results are I am having open heart surgery to replace my mitral valve. my C&P exam is the day before surgery. they have me scheduled for an echo I told them about the recent tests and the surgery the next day and they still want to waste time to do the echo themselves. no wonder it takes so long to get for appointments they are wasting time.

Well overall i hope the C&P goes well and paperwork gets processed quickly I have been told i should get 100% for my 3 months of recovery.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Hello

I am new to this Forum. I recently retired form active Duty in June 12. I submitted a quick claim ( not so quick) two of the conditions on the initial claim were for heart issues. Its now November and I just got scheduled for my C&P's first whats weird is I live 5 miles from a big VA facility but they are sending me to one thats 135 miles a way for the exam. the next is my heart condition has got much worse. in fact just 2 weeks ago i had an Echo, a TEE, and a cardiac Cath. the results are I am having open heart surgery to replace my mitral valve. my C&P exam is the day before surgery. they have me scheduled for an echo I told them about the recent tests and the surgery the next day and they still want to waste time to do the echo themselves. no wonder it takes so long to get for appointments they are wasting time.

Well overall i hope the C&P goes well and paperwork gets processed quickly I have been told i should get 100% for my 3 months of recovery.

Good luck with the surgery. Your life/health is much more important than the frustrating dealings with the VA. Take care...

Tony