VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Antidepressant

Rate this topic

Celexia is a SSRI and is a sister drug to Prozac, Zoloft, and Luvox. It takes anywhere from 8 weeks to 3 months for the durg to reach peak efficiency in your system. I refer to these drugs as "kick ass" drugs, meaning that the first few days you take them it is like being in a stupor. Then a few days later it feels like a truck ran over you ; and in a few more days it feels like the truck backed up and ran over you again. Then in about 8 weeks, you kinda feel better with some agitation and jitteriness. Eventually if the drug holds out if brings your serotonin levels back into normal range. The only bad thing about SSRIs, is longevity. Meaning that sometimes this drugs falls off after about 6 months to a years use and becomes less effective.

Patrick

Edited by Patrick428

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting Patrick and John,

Like I said I read the paperwork that came with the medication but it did not say anything about a truck LOL. Seriously, I knew that there was a chance that there would be some rough times when starting the drug and I wanted to get an idea of what they might be, and your posts answered that question. I do know that I have had a difficult time concentrating at work, and felt kind of like a wreck today, so perhaps the truck has arrived. The medicine was prescribed for anxiety and depression. The anxiety started in 2001 3 years before I retired. I had been having panic attacks (chest pains, heart palpitations etc.) after my hip began hurting following a half-marathon that I ran. Finally had a heart cath done as well as other tests but they could never figure out the cause although the attacks continued. Depression soon followed, although it has gotten worse over the years. Of course, I did not know that it was depression until recently.