VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Cremain Burial Without Military Honors

carlie

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

9 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I am one who just wants to be cremated and a friends and family memorial to remember for my family. I think that VA will pay for mine but it only costs 900 bucks.

As I kid I want to leave like a Viking not a soldier.

• HadIt.com Elder

I can see their reason for not showing military honors, as they will be taking them away one of these days and they didn't want to have to remake the video.

As for me I want a "direct cremation" w/no service, no obit and maybe just a few old friends getting drunk & telling lies about what a great guy I was and maybe a widow, of VN origin/decent, to receive my DIC (still looking). Need someone young, so they receive my DIC for many, many yrs, just so the VA remembers me.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil

We won't forget you on Hadit. We will have cyber wake and funeral for you. You do need to get married so that someone can nag you to take out garbage and fix things around the house. This will make the time you have left seem much longer. I bet you live to be about 90 years old telling expanding war stories of RVN. I bet you ten dollars you live longer than I do. My spouse will pay off the bet and your future spouse can pay if you kick off first.

John

I can see their reason for not showing military honors, as they will be taking them away one of these days and they didn't want to have to remake the video.

As for me I want a "direct cremation" w/no service, no obit and maybe just a few old friends getting drunk & telling lies about what a great guy I was and maybe a widow, of VN origin/decent, to receive my DIC (still looking). Need someone young, so they receive my DIC for many, many yrs, just so the VA remembers me.

pr

pr,

"no obit" - how will others know you have gone.

I'd want to be one of those telling "lies" about what a great guy you were,

even if it's just on the internet.

If there is no obit I would never have a way to find out if you just

quit posting for a couple of years or if you've gone for- ever.

Maybe i should start telling the "lies" early : - )

so you can enjoy them.

Man - do any of you people remember that smack talking pr / "sir" flip ?

He spent years yammering away about the VBA not providing his SMC/S.

Post after post - droning on about it and posting info about this or that vet

he helped or, vets widow he helped.

Sheet man - I know for sure he cost the VBA - well probably at least way over,

a few million.

And boy - oh - boy, that little 19 year old he married some years back, I heard

she just cashed in on his SMC/S retro that COVA finally awarded.

Hell - since I have the phone number, I think I just might give her a call . . .

see if perhaps she's a little . . . lonesome. . . she might need some comfort and affection.

After all, I wouldn't want to let a brother vet down : - )

Sir flip has blessed me again - she and I have finally found our dream house . . .

in Cabo San Lucas.

Thanks flip !

post-60-0-86986100-1353440438_thumb.jpg

Carlie ,,,,,,this is so funny,,,,,gave me a good rise to a rough 3 weeks.

Philip,,,,,,if you find a new wife make sure she has a twin.....I am thinking the same way you are. That is the way to get even . Happy Thanksgiving . NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

Joseph Odd was making his final arrangements.

He wanted no inscription what-so-ever on his head stone.

He said folks will know me.

He passed away and they honored his wishes.

People from all around came to visit the cemetery. When they saw his grave, They all would say "That's Odd"

Basser

• HadIt.com Elder

pr,

"no obit" - how will others know you have gone.

I'd want to be one of those telling "lies" about what a great guy you were,

even if it's just on the internet.

If there is no obit I would never have a way to find out if you just

quit posting for a couple of years or if you've gone for- ever.

Maybe i should start telling the "lies" early : - )

so you can enjoy them.

Man - do any of you people remember that smack talking pr / "sir" flip ?

He spent years yammering away about the VBA not providing his SMC/S.

Post after post - droning on about it and posting info about this or that vet

he helped or, vets widow he helped.

Sheet man - I know for sure he cost the VBA - well probably at least way over,

a few million.

And boy - oh - boy, that little 19 year old he married some years back, I heard

she just cashed in on his SMC/S retro that COVA finally awarded.

Hell - since I have the phone number, I think I just might give her a call . . .

see if perhaps she's a little . . . lonesome. . . she might need some comfort and affection.

After all, I wouldn't want to let a brother vet down : - )

Sir flip has blessed me again - she and I have finally found our dream house . . .

in Cabo San Lucas.

Thanks flip !

post-60-0-86986100-1353440438_thumb.jpg

§ Miss Carlie §

That was priceless!!! And I thank you for it! I hope you and she enjoy Cabo but check ahead of time in case ya all can't get direct deposit there. The place sure looks great!!! Don't worry I've made arrangements for those I care about to be notified of my untimely death, should it happen, unexpectedly, and both you and Hadit are on the list. Besides, I'd never leave Hadit w/o an explanation. I doubt I'll find a VN bride, at least not in VT. I may have a better chance in Fayetteville, NC, as there is a VN restaurant there, that I stop at when I go to the VA. Guess I'll either have to look harder or settle for any bride. I just felt it would be more appropriate, if she was VN, since that's where the gov't screwed us over. jmo Stay well sweetie!!!

§ Flip §

Edited by Philip Rogers (see edit history)