VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chairman Craig Did Not Say He Wanted Nicholson Canned

Rate this question

Berta

Question

NEWS FROM THE CHAIRMAN OF THE U.S. SENATE COMMITTEE ON VETERANS’ AFFAIRS

CHAIRMAN CRAIG SAYS CALL FOR NICHOLSON'S RESIGNATION "OVER THE TOP"

Chairman Larry Craig standing with VA Secretary Jim Nicholson

August 8, 2006

Media contact: Jeff Schrade (202)224-9093

(Washington, DC) Sen. Larry Craig, Chairman of the U.S. Senate Committee on Veterans’ Affairs, today issued the following statement concerning Secretary of Veterans Affairs Jim Nicholson:

"It is clear that there is a systems problem with VA data security which must be fixed. Jim Nicholson and his staff have received that message from me, and they have received that message from other members of the committee. They are working hard to put systems in place so that incidents like these don’t happen again.

"But calling for Secretary Nicholson’s resignation is over the top. It does not and will not solve the problem.

"A computer was stolen from a private contractor’s highly secured office building. I am fairly confident that Jim Nicholson did not break in and steal that computer. A criminal did. The FBI and local police are working to solve that crime and the contractor is working to provide a financial solution to ensure veterans are protected.

"We are in an election season, with several primaries being held today, so I don’t think anyone is surprised that the leader of the Democrats is calling for the resignation of the former leader of the Republican Party."

#####

See this release online at: http://veterans.senate.gov

Want to send Chairman Craig a note? Click on: Contact the Veterans' Affairs Committee

Feel free to send this news on to your circle of friends, and/or use in your publication as you see fit.

(I believe I saw a news ticker last night that said Craig wanted him canned due to the latest problem-at least someone is sending out the correct info on his)

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

I immediately tried to edit this ---the news last night indicated he wanted him canned- that news was not true-

When I saw my first post topic-it came out in a way that was misleading-I could not state in all in the topic space- I immediately edited the post and now I cannot delete it-

Nicholsons resignation HAS NOT been called for , the ticker on the news last night was wrong-

Why is it that when I did edit this- the edited version did not appear?