VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Safty Jumped On Boiler And Eyes Were Damaged

ammodad

Question

hello brothers, and sisters, good to see you all still here got a question and i was wondering what you may think about this and what i should do, i was active in the air-force and stationed at gunter air-force station it hadn’t been changed to a base at the time. i was working in the heating shop and during the time was called out to building 302 for a complaint of no heat boiler wasn’t functioning.

i went there and opened the door to the boiler room and checked the gas valve and made certain it was not damaged . i went down to my knee to open the door to the boiler check plate and as i did i saw there was no pilot and realized that it must have been blown out by the wind or a faulty thermocouple got inside to remove the unit to check it now , keep in mind this is one of them boilers you gotta get into to change the thermocouple or anything along them lines it was arranged so far in the rear of the boiler that you had to nearly go half in to do any work on it so i am laying there with half my upper body inside this boiler, and arms extended with tools trying to remove this thing .

who comes along a civilian employee who was supposed to be else where but decided to stop by and check on me but didn’t speak upon entering the boiler room and not thinking he took out a tool and you can guess what happened after that ??? he jumped the safety on the gas valve and in doing so he activated the gas valve while my face was inside the boiler combustion chamber all i heard was a (whooooooooooooooooooooooooooosha) and saw bright blue and yellow flames engulfing my head and upper body.

i am yelling turn it off and saying a few other words and he ran out side and called the shop i am still i this boiler trying to back out and finally i do get out and my eye brows are gone and my eye lashes are gone my face is pinkish red and i am not a fare skinned person i a chocolate black if that helps you get the image any lol my skin is smoking and my eyes were open during the whole ordeal i saw every thing and when i finally got out my eyes were burning so bad and i couldn’t see anything . I had to drive myself to the va hospital and couldn’t see a thing.

Now when I entered the military my vision was 20/20 after this I cant see without glasses and now some time later it hasn’t gotten any better the strength of the glasses has gotten stronger and my last exam he tells me my sight could go permanently he says I got some wired kind of blindness to where there is no explanation as to why but I could be sitting there and I cant see a thing I mean black darkness and so now I am afraid of when and where and what time could it go and not come back and does this boiler accident have any thing to do with it they ran all kinds of test and they told me they couldn’t find any thing in my head and have any one of you ever heard of this or know anyone who has experienced this before need your advice and thoughts and always need you prayers god bless

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The obvious answer is you need to apply for VA benefits, if you have not already.

Of course, if you have documentation of this incident, it will go a long ways toward you being approved for benefits.

If there is no medical record of it, then you can try "buddy letters", as your friends are competent to describe your eyelashes burned off.

You can get help applying for benefits at your local VAMC. You would want to speak to a Vetrans Service Officer, or, you can learn to do it yourself with extensive reading on hadit.

Whether or not you use a VSO, keep a copy of everything you send VA and send everything Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested, as the VA has a very nasty habit of losing or shredding our evidence and then blaming that on the Veteran, where the Vet has to prove he sent it.