VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-File Requested Three Months Ago

Rate this question

upvet

Question

After, a C-File request is sent to the VARO, how long does it take for them to send it.......I have been waiting three months and recieved nothing..Is this normal. My Disability compensation claim is on hold..I can not get a IMO until I get the C-File....Yikes...Is there anything I can do to speed thngs up?

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well back in July I asked for a copy of the online dependant form I filled out (link on eBenefits to print it out doesn't work). In November they added it as an open claim FOIA/Privacy Act and the expected completion is sometime next April through September.

This is through Detroit VARO.

If UP stands for Upper Penninsula I hope your VARO is out of Wisconsin!

Best regards,

I called the 800 number and they printed and mailed a copy that day from the computer records. Maybe your VARO does not have it copied into the system yet and they have to pull your file out of the pile to make a copy. That could take a while and slow things down. Who knows, you may go to the end of the line when they put it back.

Isint it wonderful that the VA 800 number is like playing roulette!

I tried calling first, and the friendly veterans representative told me I had to make the request in writing.

I made the request on IRIS, was told I had to submitt a FOIA form to the FOIA officer at my local VARO

I replied to the IRIS response by asking them how could it be FOIA when they tell you that you can download the copy of the electronic form from eBenefits, but the link provided by eBenefits doesn't work and no one will tell you when it is going to get fixed. I received the canned "we have already answered your question" line. So I let it be, I had already filed a new form for the boy for college and figured even though they shouldn't have taken him off the award it would propbably be quicker to just redo than trying to get them to recognize they shouldn't have taken him off.

So I was quite suprised earlier this month when they told me of my new "claim".

What I find absolutely hillarious is they labled it FOIA/Privacy Act. If it is indeed FOIA they just put into writting that they have violated the law by not providing an initial response until Nov for a request made in July.

Best regards,

• HadIt.com Elder

I think if you just get a copy of your SMR's you could use that for an IME/IMO. No doctor actually reads your C-File. They will look at your SMR's if it is not too long or at least say they did which is what you want. That you get from St. Louis.

Hello All,

Isn't it something that my FOIA request for my year old C and P , QTC exam is now listed as a new claim on Ebenefits. I guess all of us are going to have to deal with it and be very patient and persistant to move this type of decisions to a victory. No matter how long it takes . NEVER GIVE UP . God Bless, C.C.