VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Claims Processing Time At 20 Yr High

Rate this question

boomer2

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for the link. Not surprising ......too many of us that have been waiting for a heck of a lot longer.....then their "average time".

This is also an interesting link - although I don't have much faith in VA listening to Congress:

http://vetlawyers.co...or-rate-crisis/

Edited by USMC5811

Hell... I have an appeal waiting certification to the BVA for the last two years, I called the va yesterday and asked why is it taking so long for the appeal to go to the BVA and was told the backlog for certification is over three years... Three years just to forward a claim to the BVA that means that the va isn't doing a damn thing and cares less about a veterans claim......( my claim is in Houston)

• HadIt.com Elder

Teac

My claim is at the CAVC. It is waiting to be assigned to a judge. This will take maybe 6 months. Then 6 months for a decision. After that who knows. This claim has been in the system for almost 7 years. Something is very, very wrong with the VA claims system. Waiting years and years just to get ready for a decision is a crime.

My claim is over 1020 days oldmad.gif . In that time I have gained 3 grandkids, lost my younger Brother, my Mother passed away, and three Aunts. The VA says it is under review, I think my claim has been reviewed longer then the constitution. The cases against the Germans and Japanese after WWII were not reviewed this long.

If, the VA can not find a reason to deny after 1020 days, then they need to award.

Teac, my claim is in Houston also, Luck ussmile.png

Papa

I first applied in 2002. At that time, I sent an email to my VSO, which I kept (electronically) and he printed out, and sent with my application. (The email was listed as evidence on the 2002 decision) More than 10 years, 4 RO decisions, 2 DRO decisions, 2 Board Decisions and at least 3 resubmissions of the same letter later, the Board finally "noticed" I had applied for TDIU in 2002, that is, after I fought them tooth and nail for a decade. (The paper copy of this evidence letter mysteriously "disappeared" from my C file, and I doubt the VA knew that I had an electronic copy of that letter).

Yes, there is something wrong with the VA. I still have not received an adjudication on a 2002 claim, but it was remanded by the BVA for the RO to consider it, 10 years, 7 months later. And, I might add, that my claim is by far not the oldest claim in the VA. Many, many of them are much older than mine.

Of course, mine is not done yet, either. Its just now back to square one, where the RO will deny, and then I will appeal to the Board a third time.

• HadIt.com Elder

We talk about Cusman (CAVC Case) often here. Cushman first filed for TDIU in 1980. The VA altered his medical record illegally. In 2010 his case was remanded back to the BVA after winning at Federal Court. He is asking for retro in the form of TDIU since the VA made its egregious error in 1980. That is 30 years that Cushman's claim for a CUE has been in the system as far as I know. He has several CUE claims before 2009 for the same issue. All the VSO's, the DVA, courts and congress are aware of this backlog and prolonged processing time. What is the result except more time? This is something worth revolting about for all of us.