VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally My Turn For Good News!

Rate this topic

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations Papa!

If I understood things, the 100% is for PTSD.

I really hope that the C&P examiner (Assuming that there was a C&P)

said that you are competent to manage your financial affairs.

If not, this can delay any retro payment, and so forth.

I remember an examiner and a PCP asking about symptoms without mentioning PTSD a few years back.

My answers were that I thought that virtually everyone that had been in combat, or served

in combat conditions had some level of what is now called PTSD, and described some of the more common symptoms.

(Flashbacks, depression, etc.) An example of a flashback I experienced was being present when the water damaged corpse of a riverboat crewman was recovered, and in such a poor condition that a fine net had to be placed under it to bring it on-board one of the riverine patrol boats. The ship I was on had a portable refrigerated morgue, and the ship's coreman had to handle the body with help to get it into a morgue slot.

Then I pointed out that the symptoms usually fade with time. I also commented on the "have you ever had or sought treatment?" bit by saying that answering yes to that or a similar question was traditionally a career killer for anyone in the military, or that had a security clearance. "Do you have any current symptoms? was answered no, not to my knowledge.

Edited by Chuck75

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. It has been a hard long fight, but it was worth the it. I still have to look into the "Housebound" thing. I know what housebound means, but what does it mean to the VA. Also, there are some effective dates that I do not agree with, and will probably have my Lawyers work on this for me.

Papa

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. It has been a hard long fight, but it was worth the it. I still have to look into the "Housebound" thing. I know what housebound means, but what does it mean to the VA. Also, there are some effective dates that I do not agree with, and will probably have my Lawyers work on this for me.

Papa

Papa,

YIP-PEE . . . FINALLY !

Spend wisely - where are we going for dinner ?

I am just thrilled to read of this news.

I would probably let things get into place a bit

prior to proceeding with anything more - - - yet stay within all time frames

for anything you disagree with.

Post the exact decision when you can - of course leaving out name, address, etc . .

and then others can chime in on SMC - S (HB), to you.

This is good, good, good - life changing news for you and your family : - )

JMHO

post-60-0-26045200-1354950261_thumb.gifpost-60-0-26045200-1354950261_thumb.gif

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use