VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Texas Veterans Commision?

Rate this question

SpcDearman

Question

I have a buddy that is head of security for Cheaters that goes to Church with a lady from the Texas Veterans Commission. I guess that he relayed my plight to his friend and she actually called me. i did miss the call but am wondering what help could they provide for a veterna that was denied service connection for his injury. Yes (you know who) i did attempt to call them back but they were closed. has anyone ever heard of this entity helping with denied claims?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Mr. James O Richman, Director -Claims Representation and Counseling -of the

Texas Veterans Commission

gave recent testimony to the H VAC Sub Committee on Disability and Memorials as to the New State Strike Force Team the TVC has developed ,with success in getting claims processed faster.

I am actually mailing him a letter today as to 3 specific tactics that could be used to reduce the backlog,which I don't think the TVC has considered yet.

His recent testimony is here:

http://veterans.house.gov/witness-testimony/mr-james-o-richman

TVC,by establishing this Strike Force Team, is the only POA entity I know of, which has attempted to reduce the backlog as well as provide continued representation for claimants.

• HadIt.com Elder

Texas Veterans is pretty good and they offer more than just helping a Veteran get their benefits. Tou need to liver in Texas and ther State pays them so they don't depend on VA for money.

Mr. James O Richman, Director -Claims Representation and Counseling -of the

Texas Veterans Commission

gave recent testimony to the H VAC Sub Committee on Disability and Memorials as to the New State Strike Force Team the TVC has developed ,with success in getting claims processed faster.

I am actually mailing him a letter today as to 3 specific tactics that could be used to reduce the backlog,which I don't think the TVC has considered yet.

His recent testimony is here:

http://veterans.hous...james-o-richman

TVC,by establishing this Strike Force Team, is the only POA entity I know of, which has attempted to reduce the backlog as well as provide continued representation for claimants.

I actually have a contact number for her and am calling her today. I dont know what she can do to help me on a denied claim. i still havent gotten a copy of my SMR's to even give to them. I have already caught my C&P doctor speculating in his opinion that did deny my claim. the RO even asked him to opine upon if there could be a prexisting injury that was aggravated by my vehicle rollover accident.

Texas Veterans is pretty good and they offer more than just helping a Veteran get their benefits. Tou need to liver in Texas and ther State pays them so they don't depend on VA for money.

I live here in the Lone Star State.

I would like to see the others take TVC's lead. The others (DAV, VFW, as well as many other county, state, and national VSO organizations) seem to be too preoccupied with things like opposing attorney representation for Veterans to have time to actually "do" anything about the Veterans backlog.

TVC, from what I have read, has done more for Veterans than the others. However, IMHO, the NVLSP is the best Veterans advocate organization. They dont just talk the talk, but the NVLSP represents many many Veterans and have won much in behalf of Vets.

While the DAV can say the same thing, sometimes I think Veterans win in spite of their VSO, not because of their help. The NVLSP, on the other hand, truly helps Vets get their due benefits.

Dearman, from what I have heard the TVC is really good in helping Texas Vets with their claims and other Veteran related items such as employment...I wish now that I had used them as my POA instead of DAV..The DAV has done nothing to help my claims, the claims were approved because of what I learned hear on hadit and applied to the process..All the DAV has done was send a letter when my 70% PTSD was approved and ask me for money.........TVC has a web site that is pretty good.Don't know the URL, just search Texas Vets and it will pop up........Hopefully they can help you out..It is a long hard process and the RO (especially WACO) will try to do anything they can to be able to deny your claim.....................................Grid