VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Smc

Rate this topic

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Take John and I's advice and file for it. Those "benefit counselors" are often wrong. Sometimes, I think they say things just to try to get Vets to abandon their claim, and often it works. Remember where those VSO's owe their loyalty too..and it isnt Veterans. We do not sign their paychecks.

In part, the VA "sign's their paychecks" by doing things like providing "free rent" in VAMC's and VARO's. You have probably heard the phrase, "There is no such thing as free rent?" Well, this is how the VA "collects" their rent from VSO's. They get VSO's to tell Vets: ABANDON YOUR CLAIM..its the right thing to do. You know...help other Vets by "dropping" your claim to reduce the backlog. BS. Dont fall for it.

Edited by broncovet

Yes. Take John and I's advice and file for it. Those "benefit counselors" are often wrong. Sometimes, I think they say things just to try to get Vets to abandon their claim, and often it works. Remember where those VSO's owe their loyalty too..and it isnt Veterans. We do not sign their paychecks.

In part, the VA "sign's their paychecks" by doing things like providing "free rent" in VAMC's and VARO's. You have probably heard the phrase, "There is no such thing as free rent?" Well, this is how the VA "collects" their rent from VSO's. They get VSO's to tell Vets: ABANDON YOUR CLAIM..its the right thing to do. You know...help other Vets by "dropping" your claim to reduce the backlog. BS. Dont fall for it.

the last dav counselor i spoke with was bound and determined to tell me i should lose my unemployability without even looking at my record.

i haven't had a good one in years. they certainly don't grow on trees.