VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Va 202 # - Pinned - National Va Claims Assistant Office / Office Of Case Management

National VA Claims Assistant Office / Office Of Case Management. 202-273-7453

Source: 2014

Tasks, and Authorities

OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND CASE MANAGEMENT (20A3)

Overview
The Office of Communications and Case Management has overall responsibility for all activities related to resolving
and responding to inquiries from Veterans that have reached the level of the SECVA and the USB.
Functions and Activities
• Provides expertise on special issues and problems requiring in-depth technical analysis.
• Develops pertinent facts and communicates with senior officials to resolve issues
  • Like 1

Who do I get if I call that number?

Sorry about that, it's supposed to be a number for,

National VA Claims Assistant Office / Office Of Case Management.

I just added this to the topic title.

Thank you for this contact # Carlie I will sure talk with them perhaps they will come on the SVR

and explane their program..

Your welcome Jerrel, it would be good IF they would participate on the SVR program.

Who do I get if I call that number?

I believe in your comment about the individual is responsible for their claim. However, there are many veterans that do not have a clue on where to start. Your comments about veteran service officers, I have to disagree with Not all VSO's are incapable. I pride myself as a VSO for 7 years on what I have learned, continue to learn and the disemination of that knowledge to veterans that visit me requesting assistance. (836 vets for 2012) I first ask the vet what his/her goal is with making a claim. I review all medical documentation, reference the diagnosis with 38 CFR, chpater 3/4 and the M21-1. I then submit a VA FM 21-526ez (Fully Developed Claim) with the additional VA Forms needed, all medical documentation in support of that claim. I have submitted over 400 of these so far this year. All (with the exception of those recently submitted) have been successfully adjuicated within 90 days. 30 days longer if the individual is retiring and rated at more than 50%, that is due to DFAS, has to compute the retirement pay. All successfull due to the attention to detail these claims receive. I'm not at all patting myself on the back at all, but I am deeply humbled to be given this opportunity to assist our fellow veterans. I have not been on this site that long, but I can tell you that there is a lot of information on here and I congratulate any and all that contribute!

• Like 2

meghp0405

I hear you in reference to what you are saying in relations to your job and professionalism. For that I am thankful and know that those you serve or more thankful than I. However, it's just not a consistant effort accross the board. I have dealt with several at the Atl RO and I'm just not impressed at all. My first clue was when the 21-526 gets sent back on first submittal, stating you did not claim any disablilities WTH; 2nd clue I send a message requesting status and get a reply in 45 minutes stating they don't have enough info attach the claim #, I send the appropiate info and nothing going on 8mths from that individual WTH. So in turn I revert to what CARLIE attaches to majority of her posts your claim your responsibility. It's not a slap at every VSO but, it reflects the plights of a lot of veterans who have put their claims, health, well-being, financial gains etc into the hands of those being paid to do a job and finding out months or years later that they ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS! Again I applaud you for your continued service to the Veterans of America, please don't stop or take our comments on this site personnally, they are not directed at you but those who do not do as you do. Thank you for your service.

Ooh Rah!

• Like 2

meghp0405

I hear you in reference to what you are saying in relations to your job and professionalism. For that I am thankful and know that those you serve or more thankful than I. However, it's just not a consistant effort accross the board. I have dealt with several at the Atl RO and I'm just not impressed at all. My first clue was when the 21-526 gets sent back on first submittal, stating you did not claim any disablilities WTH; 2nd clue I send a message requesting status and get a reply in 45 minutes stating they don't have enough info attach the claim #, I send the appropiate info and nothing going on 8mths from that individual WTH. So in turn I revert to what CARLIE attaches to majority of her posts your claim your responsibility. It's not a slap at every VSO but, it reflects the plights of a lot of veterans who have put their claims, health, well-being, financial gains etc into the hands of those being paid to do a job and finding out months or years later that they ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS! Again I applaud you for your continued service to the Veterans of America, please don't stop or take our comments on this site personnally, they are not directed at you but those who do not do as you do. Thank you for your service.

Ooh Rah!

I thank you for your comments! i understand completely what you stated about VSO's. There are some that I meet, I just scratch my head and ask why? Some will get the paperwork, give to the vet and tell them go home, fill these out and mail them to this address. That is just absurd! I volunteer 3-4 times a week. I have an office at the Hospital on Fort Knox, KY, and the hospital staff provides the office, office equipment and resources for us to do our jobs. Although I am a volunteer, we as volunteers are required to attend training, one week a year and pass a certification test. there are some paid VSO's that have none of the above, but yet they know everything because they are government employees.

I as well as many other veterans care about what happens with them and the VA process. This was not available when I was medically retired some years ago. I do not want to see these guys go through that same process. If I can just help one veteran a day, I'm happy!

I look forward to being a part of this site, and no i don't take things personally. Everybody has an opinion and that's ok!

• Like 1

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Is this an alternative to calling Peggy regarding our claims?

• HadIt.com Elder

This is peggy or we refer to the 800 operators at the VA.

Glad to see you made it Navy Doc.

Check out the forum topics and find one that is up your alley and post away.

John

AKA Basser

Here is some more information regarding my experience calling this number. Amongst the other unknown functions this number may serve, from what I have read, this office can really help if your claim or appeal is over one and a half years old. This was exactly my situation. I just crossed the 1.5 year mark on my in-person DRO review request in January 2013. I called and they sent a message to the RO. The next week, I received a status letter in the mail saying they are working on appeals from July 2010. I waited until the beginning of May 2013 and called again. Two days later I received a call from the RO wanting to schedule my in-person DRO review for June 2013. I asked if they had any cancellations and luckily they did. I was able to get my DRO review finished last week. I was very prepared for the meeting and it went smoothly. I am not sure if these results are typical for every caller to this number, but it really made a difference for me.

• Like 1

I have left 4 messages with this number and have yet to get a call back. My claim is 3 years old and my request for a DRO review is 2.5 years old. I'll keep calling them until they call back. I have heard that you can results from them.

I hear you on the waiting . I have not called the CM # yet.

I have( orginal claim 4/2011 ) appeal for Thailand Herbicide 10/2011.I completed DRO interview 2 months ago with favorable comments from reviewer and VSO. My VSO just says keep waiting. My wife says call the CM folks at 202 # . I don't want to tick off the VSO , will calling the 202 # upset the RO or reviewer. I kinda feel like it is out of line to call them. My wife says it has been at 18 months and make the call. If approved it would be 100% with retro back to 10/2010. Tired of being patient. Jim and Patsy

If your claim is an initial claim, there is a chance that the new VA initiative could take care of it.

But if you are on appeals, definitely call the #. It's been 18 months and it's time to poke them for some info. Although having a VSO could be a big plus or minus, the ultimate responsibility of your claim lies with you. I fired my previous VSO because the only interest they showed was to try to get me out the door as quickly as possible. My new VSO rocks and supported me calling the number. If you are on appeal at less than 18 months, you may need a serious reason to have them act, like hardship, purple heart, etc...

• HadIt.com Elder

Called about two weeks ago after I was transfered throu 4 different people, finally made contact

with one that said she would follow up on my claim and get back with me gave me her

# and ext after not hearing any thing for 2 weeks I tryed to call with no luck so I called the main

office and asked for her they told me that she worked at the AMC where my claim is for the 3rd time,

seems that i may have another sweet talker with no real help..

Edited by Jerrel (see edit history)

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines