VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va 202 # - Pinned - National Va Claims Assistant Office / Office Of Case Management

meghp0405

I hear you in reference to what you are saying in relations to your job and professionalism. For that I am thankful and know that those you serve or more thankful than I. However, it's just not a consistant effort accross the board. I have dealt with several at the Atl RO and I'm just not impressed at all. My first clue was when the 21-526 gets sent back on first submittal, stating you did not claim any disablilities WTH; 2nd clue I send a message requesting status and get a reply in 45 minutes stating they don't have enough info attach the claim #, I send the appropiate info and nothing going on 8mths from that individual WTH. So in turn I revert to what CARLIE attaches to majority of her posts your claim your responsibility. It's not a slap at every VSO but, it reflects the plights of a lot of veterans who have put their claims, health, well-being, financial gains etc into the hands of those being paid to do a job and finding out months or years later that they ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS! Again I applaud you for your continued service to the Veterans of America, please don't stop or take our comments on this site personnally, they are not directed at you but those who do not do as you do. Thank you for your service.

Ooh Rah!

meghp0405

I hear you in reference to what you are saying in relations to your job and professionalism. For that I am thankful and know that those you serve or more thankful than I. However, it's just not a consistant effort accross the board. I have dealt with several at the Atl RO and I'm just not impressed at all. My first clue was when the 21-526 gets sent back on first submittal, stating you did not claim any disablilities WTH; 2nd clue I send a message requesting status and get a reply in 45 minutes stating they don't have enough info attach the claim #, I send the appropiate info and nothing going on 8mths from that individual WTH. So in turn I revert to what CARLIE attaches to majority of her posts your claim your responsibility. It's not a slap at every VSO but, it reflects the plights of a lot of veterans who have put their claims, health, well-being, financial gains etc into the hands of those being paid to do a job and finding out months or years later that they ARE NOT DOING THEIR JOBS! Again I applaud you for your continued service to the Veterans of America, please don't stop or take our comments on this site personnally, they are not directed at you but those who do not do as you do. Thank you for your service.

Ooh Rah!

I thank you for your comments! i understand completely what you stated about VSO's. There are some that I meet, I just scratch my head and ask why? Some will get the paperwork, give to the vet and tell them go home, fill these out and mail them to this address. That is just absurd! I volunteer 3-4 times a week. I have an office at the Hospital on Fort Knox, KY, and the hospital staff provides the office, office equipment and resources for us to do our jobs. Although I am a volunteer, we as volunteers are required to attend training, one week a year and pass a certification test. there are some paid VSO's that have none of the above, but yet they know everything because they are government employees.

I as well as many other veterans care about what happens with them and the VA process. This was not available when I was medically retired some years ago. I do not want to see these guys go through that same process. If I can just help one veteran a day, I'm happy!

I look forward to being a part of this site, and no i don't take things personally. Everybody has an opinion and that's ok!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Is this an alternative to calling Peggy regarding our claims?

• 4 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

This is peggy or we refer to the 800 operators at the VA.

Glad to see you made it Navy Doc.

Check out the forum topics and find one that is up your alley and post away.

John

AKA Basser

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use