VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va 202 # - Pinned - National Va Claims Assistant Office / Office Of Case Management

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Here is some more information regarding my experience calling this number. Amongst the other unknown functions this number may serve, from what I have read, this office can really help if your claim or appeal is over one and a half years old. This was exactly my situation. I just crossed the 1.5 year mark on my in-person DRO review request in January 2013. I called and they sent a message to the RO. The next week, I received a status letter in the mail saying they are working on appeals from July 2010. I waited until the beginning of May 2013 and called again. Two days later I received a call from the RO wanting to schedule my in-person DRO review for June 2013. I asked if they had any cancellations and luckily they did. I was able to get my DRO review finished last week. I was very prepared for the meeting and it went smoothly. I am not sure if these results are typical for every caller to this number, but it really made a difference for me.

I have left 4 messages with this number and have yet to get a call back. My claim is 3 years old and my request for a DRO review is 2.5 years old. I'll keep calling them until they call back. I have heard that you can results from them.

Boomer, Check your P.M. I first put out the Case Mgmt. tel# when my claim was adjudicated and it helped me tremendously....Btw ... I have another #.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

I hear you on the waiting . I have not called the CM # yet.

I have( orginal claim 4/2011 ) appeal for Thailand Herbicide 10/2011.I completed DRO interview 2 months ago with favorable comments from reviewer and VSO. My VSO just says keep waiting. My wife says call the CM folks at 202 # . I don't want to tick off the VSO , will calling the 202 # upset the RO or reviewer. I kinda feel like it is out of line to call them. My wife says it has been at 18 months and make the call. If approved it would be 100% with retro back to 10/2010. Tired of being patient. Jim and Patsy

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If your claim is an initial claim, there is a chance that the new VA initiative could take care of it.

But if you are on appeals, definitely call the #. It's been 18 months and it's time to poke them for some info. Although having a VSO could be a big plus or minus, the ultimate responsibility of your claim lies with you. I fired my previous VSO because the only interest they showed was to try to get me out the door as quickly as possible. My new VSO rocks and supported me calling the number. If you are on appeal at less than 18 months, you may need a serious reason to have them act, like hardship, purple heart, etc...

• 2 weeks later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Called about two weeks ago after I was transfered throu 4 different people, finally made contact

with one that said she would follow up on my claim and get back with me gave me her

# and ext after not hearing any thing for 2 weeks I tryed to call with no luck so I called the main

office and asked for her they told me that she worked at the AMC where my claim is for the 3rd time,

seems that i may have another sweet talker with no real help..

Edited by Jerrel

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use