VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Big White Envelope.

Rate this topic

doc-up8404

I got my rating today. Basically I submitted a fully developed claim around Aug. Had C&P's done in Nov 6th. They shipped out my claim to Philly to be rated and within a month I get the rating. Just under 4 months total from start to finish, unreal!

I ended up with 90%. I searched through tons of information on this website and I am truly grateful to all my veteran/civilian brothers and sister for sharing your experiences with me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I live with some pretty bad stuff that money can't buy but, this helps me and my family out a lot.

One questions I had is after the %ratings it stated an exam will be scheduled at a future date to evaluate the severity of my service connected disabilities. What is that even all about? Is this there way to decrease my rating? Just confused if they can taketh what they giveth?

Again thanks-you to everyone who helped me along the way, I truly appreciate it.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will check later to "see if you have improved". It is a standard clause in the award letter unless you are permanent and total. In that case it will read no future exams are scheduled.

Congratulations!

DOC

That's beautiful. Which RO did you have or is it the Philly one? You can't beat that with a big stick wheww I'm excited for ya. Shoot for that 100% though! I still don't understand why the jump is so huge from 90-100% I bet if they changed that it would cut down on 30-50% of their paperwork. Just break the total amount down based on the percentages, IE 90% of $2769 would be $2492.10 rather than $1661 for veteran alone. That's a huge gap but who knows how they come up with these bright ideas and then wonder why they get so much fight from those who know how to "Fight" Again congratulations

God Bless

can you list your claims and percentages related to them if you don't mind. Also what information did you provide to them in relations to your fully developed claim? I mean was it all medical records from service and VA or did you have an IME or private doc right up a report for you?

Thanks

@Doc-up8404.....When I got my rating in May 2012, it also stated something similar to "an exam will be scheduled at a future date to evaluate the severity of my service disabilities." But four items were deferred to include Back, Cervical Spine, Headaches and IU. It could be that they will evaluate you for Individual Unemployability. Those four C/P exams came on July 20, 2012 and July 30, 2012 and my award date was October 4, 2012. BTW did you apply for IU?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use