VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got The Big White Envelope.

Rate this topic

doc-up8404

can you list your claims and percentages related to them if you don't mind. Also what information did you provide to them in relations to your fully developed claim? I mean was it all medical records from service and VA or did you have an IME or private doc right up a report for you?

Cham,

The claim was all from documented records while on active duty, then when I got home I went to appts at the VA. I got my diagnoses then put in my claim. However I have yet to actually be seen (other than C and P) for my shoulder, neck, back, wrist. Yet I got 10% for all of them. Goes to show you, claim everything and anything you think you may have. I have never seen a private Doc for anything.

70% PTSD w/ alcohol abuse

30% Migraine

10% left wrist strain

10% lumbar strain

10% cervical strain

10% Rotator Cuff/left shoulder

10% Tinnitus

10% Gerd

0% MTBI - I have had a concussion with loc on active duty as well as been involed in a really big IED strike in Afghanistan causing MTBI putting me out for 2 weeks. All of this extremely well documented (more so then anything else) and this is what I received 0% on - Baffled???

Hearing Loss - Denied. I didn't even try to claim it but, they denied me anyways?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doc-up8404.....When I got my rating in May 2012, it also stated something similar to "an exam will be scheduled at a future date to evaluate the severity of my service disabilities." But four items were deferred to include Back, Cervical Spine, Headaches and IU. It could be that they will evaluate you for Individual Unemployability. Those four C/P exams came on July 20, 2012 and July 30, 2012 and my award date was October 4, 2012. BTW did you apply for IU?

Oh ok. Yeah I had nothing deferred just hearing loss denied.

I never applied for IU. Work has it's ups and downs but, I can still do it,

and the days I can't I have sick time to call in.

Bravo, Doc - very happy for you! smile.png

THANKS!!

They will check to see if you have made improvements and if yes

then they can and will at least propose a reduction.

Ok sounds good. I will be on the alert for more exams then.

I have my first primary care visit next month

so I guess if I'm improving then my rating will be in jeopardy of going down but, I guess that's just the way it works...

can you list your claims and percentages related to them if you don't mind. Also what information did you provide to them in relations to your fully developed claim? I mean was it all medical records from service and VA or did you have an IME or private doc right up a report for you?

Cham,

The claim was all from documented records while on active duty, then when I got home I went to appts at the VA. I got my diagnoses then put in my claim. However I have yet to actually be seen (other than C and P) for my shoulder, neck, back, wrist. Yet I got 10% for all of them. Goes to show you, claim everything and anything you think you may have. I have never seen a private Doc for anything.

0% MTBI - I have had a concussion with loc on active duty as well as been involed in a really big IED strike in Afghanistan causing MTBI putting me out for 2 weeks. All of this extremely well documented (more so then anything else) and this is what I received 0% on - Baffled???

The criteria to evaluate TBI residuals falls under Diagnostic Code (DC) 8045.

Here's a link for it -

just click below and scroll down to - 8045 Residuals of traumatic brain injury (TBI)

http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?c=ecfr&SID=e31ec3783ae15e57ca77ac685f01d0c6&rgn=div8&view=text&node=38:1.0.1.1.5.2.110.67&idno=38

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use