VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Results

Rate this question

usmc0599

Question

Good evening to the good people of Hadit,

Thanks to you all who've made this site such a valuable resource for us VA 'challenged' vets.

Background:

I' am service connected for high arches (pes cavus) and currently rated at 30% bilateral. I had surgery to correct the problem while I was in the Marine Corps, but wish I didn't. The procedures that were done have greatly changed the way I walk and how my feet hit the ground. I have to change the way I walk often because my right foot, knee and hip cannot bear my weight for any extended period of time. Both feet feel completely different and my right side is constantly inflamed.

Question:

I put in for right hip, knee, and ankle and lower back as secondary to my condition with the blessings of my VA podiatrist. My C&P doc wrote the following: The veterans hip, knee, ankle back conditions are all related to alteration of gait mechanics related to his pes cavus condition. He has developed inflammation due to his alteration of gait and his hip, knee, ankle, back conditions are at least as likely as not proximately due to the veterans service connected condition of pes cavus.

What am I looking at here if all x rays come back with “normal”?

Also, I am service connected for scars. He acknowledged I do have scars, but answered NO when asked if the scars are painful or unstable or is the area of all related scars greater than 6 square inches. This is only half true. The scars are painful and tend to be restrictive. Can his answer cause me to loose my rating for the scars?

Should I write a letter to VA to explain this?

Thank you in advance.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

What you want to do is have your own private doctor look at the C&P and your medical records and explain your limitations and secondary conditions to the original SC condition and the surgery you had. The VA puts almost no weight to what you say since you are not a doctor. This is called an IME or an IMO and is one of the main tools vets can use to fight bad C&P exams and to add medical evidence to your file.

I have the same problem as you. I had something called cyrosurgery that was supposed to kill the nerve in my arch. I ended up getting a horrible staff infection and had a surgery and spent 40 days on IV anti-biotics. Flat feet and High Arches should probably just be left alone, but I think the VA owes you for all the secondary conditions you now have.

John

Hello USMC,

Yes you can use a VA Medical Doctor. However most are reluctant to write what we would consider to be a solid IME or IMO,but they can do this. I would first take a look at some of our IMO/IME examples here at Hadit and try to help write an example of one that accurately portrays your condition. This example must meet approval of your Doctor and some of our folks may help to write an example with some areas of concern that might meet your particulars. As long as you have some important documentation in your records and reports then lining it all up and "connecting the dots" is what needs to be done. John is right ,,,,the VA does not give us alot of weight with our statements , so a doctor is really the easiest and best to use.

You should make sure your doctor has some good sound Medical Rational that is Peer favored so he can point your condition and your doctors opinion to it. We have some great examples of IMEs and IMOs here. Also having a service connected disease or injury in your records will help. Keeping it simple and short ,concise will normally make it easier to rate by a VARO.

Most of us at Hadit have used Private sector doctors because of the time alotted to each patient is limited to about 30 minutes, but I have used VA doctors to help and have not had alot of issues with that execpt with the proper writing and helping your doctor to understand that. Most of the VA doctors only have a certain amount of time to give each patient so this could be the main holdup for you if you choose that direction. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate