VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans
  • veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

• 2023-foeum-banner.jpg

• red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

Ask Your VA Claims QuestionThe LatestVeterans Crisis Line

red-rectangle-thin-bar.png

• Get Your HadIt.com Merch! Check them out here2022-11-16_06-22-29.png

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Frustrating

raidertone

Question

I can't understand why the information on ebenefits in reference to my claim/appeal is not updated periodically. It gets frustrating reading about how much information is available to others while mine sits dormant. The last entry was in April of 2008. VA just says they are backlogged and get many complaints in reference to that. Really? How can they go almost 5 years without updating it? LOL.. I can't help but laugh becausing getting mad doesn't help anymore. Sorry, rant over...smile.png

Tony

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

18 answers to this question

Tony,

Don't worry, the paperless claim processing they are implementing is going to fix it all by 2015!!

They can't even get eBenefits to display information correctly, cant get RO's to input vets data in consistantly and it takes them 5 months to put a request for a copy of an online form (won't print out from eBenefits) in the system as a claim. Furthermore, they say it will take 10 to 14 months to send me a copy. They could have printed the copy, hand addressed the envelope and dropped it into the mail slot in less time than it took to set it up as a claim in eBenefits.

Are you on an Appeal or initial claim?

Edited by 71M10 (see edit history)

Tony,

Don't worry, the paperless claim processing they are implementing is going to fix it all by 2015!!

They can't even get eBenefits to display information correctly, cant get RO's to input vets data in consistantly and it takes them 5 months to put a request for a copy of an online form (won't print out from eBenefits) in the system as a claim. Furthermore, they say it will take 10 to 14 months to send me a copy. They could have printed the copy, hand addressed the envelope and dropped it into the mail slot in less time than it took to set it up as a claim in eBenefits.

Are you on an Appeal or initial claim?

It's an appeal on a claim filed in 2004. I talked to them the other day and was told it it's in the raters hand and shouldn't be to much longer...lol...year right.

I feel your pain, I stop going to ebenefits. Mine is so mired down and just sitting there. I did what they asked, and sent in all they asked for, still nothing will it ever change? Total waste on my time going there

• HadIt.com Elder

I also felt your pain. The VA is way too slow and 5 years is absurd,

We are at the mercy of the VA when it comes to the claims process. There is really nothing we can do to speed them up as it seems our efforts to speed them up only causes them to go slower.

The claims complexity and volume of claims are the hold up. These folks only have a certain allotted time to work on a claim then on to the next one in order to justify their numbers, VA Production system. (Joke)

This process has been around for years and with the returning vets and the downsizing of the armed forces by kicking folks out for any little reason will cause the claims backlog not only to increase but to explode into something astronomical with wait times that could consume decades to complete.

My best advice to you is don't give up and keep swinging. eventually they will fall down.

J

I said in the beginning that ebenefits was just a waste of money. Never have I seen it get updated in a reasonable time. Why it took the folks in Houston 6 months to indicate a SOC and a NOD had been received. Half of the time you can't even log in the other half of the time it takes forever to change to a new page... yep just another va money hole......

Raidertone You've got the right attitude LOL. Just keep laughing. I just keep faxing and laughing. It is absurbed! LMAO It will come one day and hopefully soon. Keep doing your thing and keeping your cool. God Bless

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA waiting game is really the VA dying game. I suppose if Congress can allow victims of Sandy to wait for shelter over their heads in freezing weather they can wait for vets to get old and die waiting for decisions. The whole thing is a disgrace. Every time the Congress allows these things to happen their pay should be cut by 15%. If Congress wanted vets to have their claims adjudicated in a rational time frame it would happen. They don't care one bit and for that they should get the 15% self discount on their stinking pay. The VSO's should not get another nickle as long as they don't scream out against these delays. I am waiting 7 years on my CUE.

I agree John

Hurricane Sandy victims, tho they need/deserve help, what about Vets? Since I put my claim in, in 2002, we have had dozens and dozens of hurricanes, come and go, and guess what? I am still waiting on my benefits, as are a million other Vets.

I was in New Orleans a few weeks ago, and most of that is already rebuilt, at least down town. But...I applied well before hurricane Katrina and I am still waiting.

All of a sudden i got some good news today...letter generator says 40%.

Hey 9 years later they gave me 40% for starters...I'm not complaining or taking anything for granted...god bless

Tony

The VA waiting game is really the VA dying game. I suppose if Congress can allow victims of Sandy to wait for shelter over their heads in freezing weather they can wait for vets to get old and die waiting for decisions. The whole thing is a disgrace. Every time the Congress allows these things to happen their pay should be cut by 15%. If Congress wanted vets to have their claims adjudicated in a rational time frame it would happen. They don't care one bit and for that they should get the 15% self discount on their stinking pay. The VSO's should not get another nickle as long as they don't scream out against these delays. I am waiting 7 years on my CUE.

I'm much younger and less experienced in these matters compared to salty vets like you and Broncovet, and even though my claim has lasted a little under 2years and I hope it won't cross that 2 year mark for a positive outcome, I still cannot rest content with my lot and call this system fair as long as deserving fellow vets like you guys are left in the cold. I think it my duty to agitate and rattle our common chains until justice is served to all, because standing idly by while they do it to you today only serves to set a precedent that might reach to me tomorrow.

An important point needs to be made here. The Federal Government shouldn't be rebuilding NY and NJ. There is no Federal obligation to do this. The Federal Government has an obligation to Veterans and they arn't keeping it. NY and NJ have collected property taxes for decades, if it is important that these communities are rebuilt from public funds these are the funds that should be used.

Why should the rest of the country pay to rebuild multi-million dollar beach communities that at some point in the future will be wiped out by another storm (it is not a question of may it is only a question of when).

Some very good points 71M10, the tax payers are always picking up the tab for other, but us veterans was promise to take care of us if we served. Thanks for your servis

An important point needs to be made here. The Federal Government shouldn't be rebuilding NY and NJ. There is no Federal obligation to do this. The Federal Government has an obligation to Veterans and they arn't keeping it. NY and NJ have collected property taxes for decades, if it is important that these communities are rebuilt from public funds these are the funds that should be used.

Why should the rest of the country pay to rebuild multi-million dollar beach communities that at some point in the future will be wiped out by another storm (it is not a question of may it is only a question of when).

You are so right brother, isn't that the very excuse the state governments of those north eastern states give when folks complain that they tax too high? Don't they claim its for all the so called services they provide and higher quality of life etc..etc. so when it comes time to show some real proof of what all those exorbitant tax rates pay for, they go running to the federal communal slush fund. Somehow neither the governments nor the insurance agencies have Any available funds. It's a Ponzi scheme and we shouldn't let the greedy politicians that have been squandering the states resources pull the patriotism and neighborly spirit hood over the eyes of the rest of the nation. Approving their demands lets them get away with the money they've been stealing at the state level, as well as opening up the floodgates to new federal money to be stolen. And those poor citizens caught in the wake of the storm will be just as victimized as the vets are. No richer and no better off than before the so called help arrived.

I am new to the forum and I find it helpful to read the post on here. It tells me what to expect from the VA in terms of response to claims. I have a claim in for back pain that the VA Dr. and MRI determined to be hurniated disk and DDD. Its been 4 months since the C&P exam and I have not seen anything on the ebenfits page. However, after reading some of the post on here, I don't expect to see any information on the ebefits website.

I am s.c. for lumbar strain at 10% and my C&P was for an increase due to the condition becoming much worse. I was a builder in the USN SeaBees and was on active duty for 15 years. I hurt my back a few times while doing construciton work. I transfered to the reserves and I have a year to go to reach the 20 year mark. I may not make it to retirement bc of my back condition...I can no longer pass the PT test and I am not deployable, so I am looking at a Med board soon.

John, do you know VSO's that are getting paid? I've been working (volunteering) as a veteran service officer for a number of years. never been paid, nor do I want to get paid. I have been offered a total of 3 jobs with the VA, but humbly declined each offer. I really enjoy (as most vso's do) working with veterans and going that extra mile to do what ever is needed to help aid and assist another veteran! That's what keeps me going!

All of a sudden i got some good news today...letter generator says 40%.

Hey 9 years later they gave me 40% for starters...I'm not complaining or taking anything for granted...god bless

Tony

9 years? That's absurd, however, I'm happy that you have reached some type of reslove.