VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Frustrating

Rate this question

raidertone

Question

I can't understand why the information on ebenefits in reference to my claim/appeal is not updated periodically. It gets frustrating reading about how much information is available to others while mine sits dormant. The last entry was in April of 2008. VA just says they are backlogged and get many complaints in reference to that. Really? How can they go almost 5 years without updating it? LOL.. I can't help but laugh becausing getting mad doesn't help anymore. Sorry, rant over...smile.png

Tony

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Tony,

Don't worry, the paperless claim processing they are implementing is going to fix it all by 2015!!

They can't even get eBenefits to display information correctly, cant get RO's to input vets data in consistantly and it takes them 5 months to put a request for a copy of an online form (won't print out from eBenefits) in the system as a claim. Furthermore, they say it will take 10 to 14 months to send me a copy. They could have printed the copy, hand addressed the envelope and dropped it into the mail slot in less time than it took to set it up as a claim in eBenefits.

Are you on an Appeal or initial claim?

Edited by 71M10

Tony,

Don't worry, the paperless claim processing they are implementing is going to fix it all by 2015!!

They can't even get eBenefits to display information correctly, cant get RO's to input vets data in consistantly and it takes them 5 months to put a request for a copy of an online form (won't print out from eBenefits) in the system as a claim. Furthermore, they say it will take 10 to 14 months to send me a copy. They could have printed the copy, hand addressed the envelope and dropped it into the mail slot in less time than it took to set it up as a claim in eBenefits.

Are you on an Appeal or initial claim?

It's an appeal on a claim filed in 2004. I talked to them the other day and was told it it's in the raters hand and shouldn't be to much longer...lol...year right.

I feel your pain, I stop going to ebenefits. Mine is so mired down and just sitting there. I did what they asked, and sent in all they asked for, still nothing will it ever change? Total waste on my time going there

The RO does the updates and, depending on your RO, it may not be timely....

I know, thats what makes mine comical...lol...5 years with no updates...freaking absurd.

• HadIt.com Elder

I also felt your pain. The VA is way too slow and 5 years is absurd,

We are at the mercy of the VA when it comes to the claims process. There is really nothing we can do to speed them up as it seems our efforts to speed them up only causes them to go slower.

The claims complexity and volume of claims are the hold up. These folks only have a certain allotted time to work on a claim then on to the next one in order to justify their numbers, VA Production system. (Joke)

This process has been around for years and with the returning vets and the downsizing of the armed forces by kicking folks out for any little reason will cause the claims backlog not only to increase but to explode into something astronomical with wait times that could consume decades to complete.

My best advice to you is don't give up and keep swinging. eventually they will fall down.

J