VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Va Trying To Screw Me Again

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

I have had an appeal pending at Houston RO since Feb 2010. I keep checking ebenefits to check the status. Until last week it had no movement at all, still stuck at the Regional office. I called last week and inquired on the status and was told Houston is so backlogged it takes two plus years to get it to the BVA. Late last nite I checked ebenefits again and it had two new entries. One entry said SOC 6/1/2012 and the other entry said Form 9 6/11/2012.. I never received either item. I tried to initiate an ebenefits email inquiry, but it kept rejecting my question saying my SSAN was in use by another member. So today I called the va and inquired. I was told not only were these items mailed, but that my POA Texas Veterans had responded. First, I have no POA assigned as I do all my own work, secondly they are in my opinion the worst people to assign the POA. But more important, I have no idea how the Texas Veterans responded. The other problem is we only have 60 days to respond to the SOC and appeal although I thought I already done a form 9 and NOD two years ago. But now my understanding is I may be screwed because I did not get the SOC I could not respond...... any suggestions?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you ever used the Texas Veterans in previous claims?

If you did did you formally fire them?

if you did formally fire them, contact them amd ask them to show you what they have receivied.

Any medical information concerning you after you fired them is considered a Hippa violation of your health record.

You need an attorney in a bad way. It appears Houston is in a state of chaos right now.

Have you spoken to an attorney?

John

PLEASE don't depend on ebenefits for current info on your claims; it's a manually-updated database and lags behind, has inaccurate info and may not be updated at all.

You are correct I do not depend on it, but when something appears that indicates an action too place and I haven't received any thing in the mail, then I get concerned.

• HadIt.com Elder

You are correct I do not depend on it, but when something appears that indicates an action too place and I haven't received any thing in the mail, then I get concerned.

I don't depend on anything the VA says. It only counts when the action is completed or the money is in the bank

CYA.

First, try honey before vinegar. Ask for copies of your SOC but document your request in IRIS, and you can call also. But leave a paper trail so the VA cannot just lie, as they love to do just that.

Wait a couple weeks to see if you receive a SOC. If so, respond to the SOC with an I9.

If no SOC is received, then inquire through IRIS to document non receipt of your SOC. Make sure VA has your current address.

Finally, if still no response, then file a I9 to your mystery SOC. Dont give the judges excuses to deny you.

Contact Texas and ask them who your POA (The VSO) is with. Then ask him what was his response, and how did Texas wind up with your POA?

Edited by broncovet