VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Mpls Vamc Pharmacy Refills

Rate this topic

Hello, has anyone been having problems in getting their meds refilled on time at the VAMC in Mpls, Mn ? I've been having alot of problems of getting my Pain and Nerve meds plus acouple of others filled on time. I'm 100% P & T and need these when I run out. I've talked to the Directors Office, Patient Advocate, Supv in Pharmacy plus my Doctor - empty promises every other month. As I type this I'm outa my nerve med and test stripes and I just got my Pain med in the mail this afternoon - two days later - so much for undue pain and suffering. I get so depressed I wished it was all over. Any good insight would be great .sad.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I live in Tampa, Florida and I have had many problems getting my meds filled on time. My pain meds should be filed on the first of the month. I get them any time between the first and the 8th. I take appropriate steps to make sure I am not left high and dry. I think many of us all over the country have the same problems.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I have had my share of problems with VA Pharmacy and their sloppy meds by mail program.

Not much you can do except set aside a few pills if you can or find a regular Doc who will prescribe a buffer if you need it. I found that since most Docs in Dallas have worked at VA when they were learning that if you level with them they will help. As of today I am behind over 1 week on hydrocodone.