VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dav In D.c./claim Remand/how Much Longer?

Rate this question

Franks

Question

My BVA claim was remanded to my regional office in St. Pete, Florida. There, they denied my claim for Fibro(Diagnosed and confirm) and High blood pressure (Diagnosed and confirm) even though, I am a gulf war vet that served in the Asian pacific theater (Iraq) as well as being diagnosed with HBP within one year of leaving service and have been on medication since then.

Anyhow, on August 31 my claim arrived at the DAV up in D.C. It has been there now for 3 months and those lazy bastards have yet to get to it. I called they stated that they have between 30 to 90 days to get to it. And no doubt they are taking the FULL 90 days.

I have questions for those who have been in my same situation

1. How long did it take after they got to your claim was it completed to be sent to the Judge? 6 months, 10 months, 4 years?

2. How long after that did it take the judge to complete your claim? 1 year, 2 years, or 4 years.

After 10 years of dealing with the VA my patience is running thin.

Thank you in advance.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I hate you are going through this.

You are at the mercy of the DAV. You should have gotton an attorney as they can usually skip the waiting step and save you a few months.

J

I have questions for those who have been in my same situation

1. How long did it take after they got to your claim was it completed to be sent to the Judge? 6 months, 10 months, 4 years?

2. How long after that did it take the judge to complete your claim? 1 year, 2 years, or 4 years.

After 10 years of dealing with the VA my patience is running thin.

Thank you in advance.

There are no time frames for them to respond within.

The BVA will take action on the oldest claims they have, first

and work them in that order.

My original claim was 6/08, denied,appealed,got to the bva 1/10. It sat with the DAV till I had to revoke poa from them and with 2 months I was in front of VLJ 07/12. Remanded to AMC...sent back to BVA 1/13. Good luck. I have not recieved the SSOC yet...as it was just sent to bva on 12/31/12. this is what Ebenefits says now.

Edited by qwiksting