VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dav In D.c./claim Remand/how Much Longer?

Rate this question

Franks

Question

My BVA claim was remanded to my regional office in St. Pete, Florida. There, they denied my claim for Fibro(Diagnosed and confirm) and High blood pressure (Diagnosed and confirm) even though, I am a gulf war vet that served in the Asian pacific theater (Iraq) as well as being diagnosed with HBP within one year of leaving service and have been on medication since then.

Anyhow, on August 31 my claim arrived at the DAV up in D.C. It has been there now for 3 months and those lazy bastards have yet to get to it. I called they stated that they have between 30 to 90 days to get to it. And no doubt they are taking the FULL 90 days.

I have questions for those who have been in my same situation

1. How long did it take after they got to your claim was it completed to be sent to the Judge? 6 months, 10 months, 4 years?

2. How long after that did it take the judge to complete your claim? 1 year, 2 years, or 4 years.

After 10 years of dealing with the VA my patience is running thin.

Thank you in advance.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

franks ...deep breaths stay focused. personally i go through dav and have gotten positive results. its not been easy though but better results than when i was on my own. i do my homework and stay in close contact with my nso. hope this helps you.

I think the preparation of the I-8 Certification worksheet by the ROs is worthless as well as the preparation of any 646 by a vet rep,

unless the 646 fully advances the veteran's claim. Most just are generic renditions and the BVA hardly ever refers to either the I-8(meaning 90 day letter as attorney Doug Rosinski mentioned at SVR show we did recently.)

These steps are big time wasters in my opinion.

The BVA is a bunch of very smart lawyers. They are interested primarily in evidence and whether the VCAA letter was prejudicial to the claimant.

in my opinion.

Called the DAV up in D.C. today and they stated that just today they have sent my claim over to the BVA. So hopefully, I will have an outcome soon. I also, requested that they send the argument they sent on my behalf to me by mail, so that i can check it out. Thanks

Sounds so familiar Franks. DAV has been fired (revoked) twice on the same claim for me. Yet, they are still listed as my Representation at BVA. I, like you called and the lazy Bastards said my file was in a room after it came back from Remand (AMC), that they could only handle 300 claims at a time in their office. I told them please leave claim 301 (My claim) alone as I had revoked their representation, AGAIN, yet they still are listed, and I am in front of the VLJ now. I surely hope they take no credit for winning or losing my claim. They have done Absolutely nothing on my behalf!!!!! Hoppy has done everything on my behalf. So I pray they do not send me a letter telling me how they helped.