VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Supreme Court To Decide Whether To Hear Vets Case

Rate this question

broncovet

Question

Early next year, the Supreme Court will decide whether to hear this Vets case:

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/20/a-case-that-could-unhinge-a-veterans-benefits-hamster-wheel/

This would appear to be a good thing for Vets:

The CAVC would be able to make factual determinations and not just remands. This would appear to be Congress intent.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have a feeling the Supremes will not hear this case.. it will open a big can of worms.. and the va will have mud on its face....

Hello All,

Bronco,,,,, I too think it would be great and a total plus for all Veterans especially those that have been in lockdown for years in the appeals process. However I also know that the VA is not going down without a fight . This is their ace in the hole ,,,,,,, They use it and use it everyday to keep from awarding a veterans benefits. If this VA is ever going to get corrected it must be by Congress to change the WAY the process has to go. I do not think the Supremes are going to get off into it. We all know the problems and we are PRODUCTS of this process system , and its just about money and power. Something VA is not going to relinquish ........ they haven't had to in the past ,,,,,, and I doubt if there going to now.

Oh yes , I forgot,,,,,,,,just think how a decision favorable for the Veterans by the Supremes would affect the Bonus system to the VBA . Yea it means that the 180,000,000 dollars in bonuses last year would come into great jeopardy. Something the upper managers and ROs are not going to allow. You can expect a fight from the Justice Dept. and they will find a way to have it thrown out. I wish it was not so but I have to be looking at how they have developed the PROCESS and it took a long time to get it to where they want it. And now it runs like a well oiled machine.......if you are the VA.

I think we all want it but deep down , we probably will not see it in our lifetime.

Still every Veteran has to try to make the wrongs come to the attention of other Veterans and Advocates and NEVER GIVE UP . God Bless, C.C.

Hello All,

Bronco,,,,, I too think it would be great and a total plus for all Veterans especially those that have been in lockdown for years in the appeals process. However I also know that the VA is not going down without a fight . This is their ace in the hole ,,,,,,, They use it and use it everyday to keep from awarding a veterans benefits. If this VA is ever going to get corrected it must be by Congress to change the WAY the process has to go. I do not think the Supremes are going to get off into it. We all know the problems and we are PRODUCTS of this process system , and its just about money and power. Something VA is not going to relinquish ........ they haven't had to in the past ,,,,,, and I doubt if there going to now.

Oh yes , I forgot,,,,,,,,just think how a decision favorable for the Veterans by the Supremes would affect the Bonus system to the VBA . Yea it means that the 180,000,000 dollars in bonuses last year would come into great jeopardy. Something the upper managers and ROs are not going to allow. You can expect a fight from the Justice Dept. and they will find a way to have it thrown out. I wish it was not so but I have to be looking at how they have developed the PROCESS and it took a long time to get it to where they want it. And now it runs like a well oiled machine.......if you are the VA.

I think we all want it but deep down , we probably will not see it in our lifetime.

Still every Veteran has to try to make the wrongs come to the attention of other Veterans and Advocates and NEVER GIVE UP . God Bless, C.C.

Very nicely put.C.C. Sad but true.

Aggie

It is just another classic example of politicians broken promises to "eliminate red tape for Veterans". They have an opportunity to do that, but instead, the VA elects to fight it tooth and nail.

The VA WANTS these
Hamster Wheel Delays built into the system, and will fight to the death to keep them going: An excerpt from the article follows:

A Case That Could Unhinge a Veterans Benefits ‘Hamster Wheel’ By JAMES DAO

If there is one thing more frustrating, complicated and time-consuming than applying for veterans disability benefits, it may well be appealing the decisions made by the Department of Veterans Affairs on those very claims.