VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Started Oct 2012-Still Gathering Evidence

Rate this question

subvet

Question

My claim (some reopened due to new evidence, evidence they missed, severity change) been with VA since late Oct 2010. Phone calls to the 800 # result in them saying they are backlogged some 800k, plus a no email response from eVet and a no reply to email inquiiry to my congressmen. There are several changes they have to look at i understand...but they had the evidence they needed a year ago, and my portalat the eBenefits website is not updated to this fact.

Frustrating. Not even a progress report in the gathering evidence phase of it all ! Never ever had to wait this long...understand the many combat vets returning from war zones to civilian life is quite a different thing than i experenced.

subvet

overall 60%

50%

20%

10%

0%

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

From what I understand there are several steps within each of the updates we see on eBenefits so it's hard to tell exactly where a claim is at based on info from eBenefits. The status changes are updated manually so it just depends on where the claim is at as to how current the information is. As an example, a claim in the gathering evidence stage isn't updated as often as one that is pending decision approval.

It is hard to wait it out, we are doing the same thing...many told us a few years ago (while we were waiting for a BVA decision) to stay busy, clean our closets, etc. Now as we await this decision, I have buried myself in year end book work, which is not fun to say the least but I'm determined to get our taxes done as early as possible this year.

Keep the faith and hang in there.

By the way, they missed an entire claim decision on my husbands, closed it instead of deciding anything --- waiting to get this one done before we request his entire claim file which should be a very interesting read, especially since they closed a claim without doing anything at all on it.

Edited by VetsLady