VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Va Prescribe New Weight Loss Drug Qsymia?

Rate this topic

that adderal will have you sweeping the roof, tuning the car, cutting the grass all at the same time. at midnight, bad stuff.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

My private insurance lists the price of Provigil as $560 for thirty day supply. This is the only drug I know of that is approved for use for sleepiness due to OSA. All the rest are off label. I got a lecture from my VA shrink about this. Of course, I cannot afford Provigil. I don't even know if the VA will provide it but I doubt it.

John

• 1 month later...

I am a 25 year old female. I'm 5'8" and weighed 240lbs at my heaviest. I tried Qsymia after it was recommended by a family member who has lost 40 lbs on it and I have been on it for exactly a week now. I'm combining it with The 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno, which is low fat, low carb, low sugar, and I'm happy to say that somehow in one week I've lost 14 pounds. I know it's mostly water weight but I feel good and I can actually tell that the pill makes me not crave food or feel hungry throughout the day like I used to be, which makes following the diet so much easier. I would recommend Qsymia to anyone. Only side effect is a little lightheadedness the first day or two. 14 days of the Qsymia starting dose for FREE Maybe this will help others .

http://www.manufacturerdrugcoupons.com/qsymia-coupon/

https://www.qsymia.com/money-saving-offers.aspx

• HadIt.com Elder

The question is "will the VA pay for weight loss meds"? I think they might, but they would be the oldest, cheapest ones with the most side effects. I also think they will find ways not to prescribe it if you take any pain meds or clonazepam family drugs. I got my script for Provigil via my mail order drug plan. It is quite cheap via mail order. The VA refused Provigil saying because I took opiates it was a bad, bad thing.

My private doctor did a script for me no problem. The reason the VA did not want to prescribe it was cost. They lie to your face about all that other shuff. I asked my VA shrink to prescribe Provigil for me and she said she could not prescribe it for weight loss, ADD or OSA for me. So I have to go outside the system for almost everything substantial. What I get from the VA I could get at Costco for almost the same cost. They are cheap, cheap, cheap!