VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anxiety % Wag's?

Rate this question

USAFSF

Question

Here are the findings of the C&P exam. I color coded all the items that the Dr listed in her findings. As you can see they go from 30 to 70%. I was diagnosed with alcohol dependence, depression, anxiety and MST while active. Any wag's?

Axis I: Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks with Agoraphobia and Alcohol dependence with Full Sustained Remission.
AxisII: None noted
Axis III: See medical records
AxisIIII: Psychosocial and Envirnment Problems, (social envirnment, Academic and Occupational)
AxisV: GAF 60
(BLUE)
[X] Occupational and social Impairment with reduced reliability and productivity.
(YELLOW)
Depressed Mood. Anxiety.
Panic Attacks that occur weekly or less often
Chronic sleep impairment
(BLUE)
Flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech
Disturbances of motivation and mood; difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships
(GREEN)
Near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively

Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a worklike setting)

and obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities.

Yellow = 30%

Blue = 50%

Green = 70%

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My experience is that the VA usually lowballs..this would mean the lower of the 3 or 30% BUT (and this is a big but) you have to have a nexus to be service connected. A GAF of 60 is pretty mild, probably "taking you out" of the 70 and 100 categories.

The important thing: Are you working? It sounds like you are. This also probably means you wont get either 70 or 100, but 50 or 30.

MY WAG:

With a good nexus, you are likely to get 30 but can hope for 50%. Of course, this assumes you are working. If you are not working, then you can "bump" that up, as working is critical.

My wag is 30% not enough symptoms checked for 50 and gaf is high. I am 50% for mental myself but my c&p was a big deal difference comparing to yours. Next step is treatment. Va loves paper and treatment records can boost you up percentage wise.

The unemployment and Agoraphobia are important, however, I did not have that information when I made the "first guess".

There is a very big difference between "unemployed" and "unemployable".

The major difference is usually when the DOCTOR says you are unemployable.

You can be 25 and perfectly healthy and unemployed. "Unemployable" suggests the doc has opined that your medical conditions prevent you from SGE (Substantial Gainful employment).

If YOUR DOC says you are unemployable, then your chances for a higher rating increase dramatically.

Once again thank you to my fellow vets for assisting me with this process. Like to many other vets I have been doing this on my own for to long. I read the entire diagnosis and it says nothing about me being unemployed or unemployable. Although it is my VA C file that I have been unemployed since 2010. I have had 100' of appointment (No kidding) due to my SATP, liver issues. I was sent to Pittsburgh VAMC from St Petersburg to be evaluated for transplant. I have been on the liver transplant list since Sept 2011. I checked eben today and I went into Pending Decision Approval. Hopefully the new year is starting off good for me!