VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anxiety % Wag's?

Rate this question

USAFSF

Question

Here are the findings of the C&P exam. I color coded all the items that the Dr listed in her findings. As you can see they go from 30 to 70%. I was diagnosed with alcohol dependence, depression, anxiety and MST while active. Any wag's?

Axis I: Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks with Agoraphobia and Alcohol dependence with Full Sustained Remission.
AxisII: None noted
Axis III: See medical records
AxisIIII: Psychosocial and Envirnment Problems, (social envirnment, Academic and Occupational)
AxisV: GAF 60
(BLUE)
[X] Occupational and social Impairment with reduced reliability and productivity.
(YELLOW)
Depressed Mood. Anxiety.
Panic Attacks that occur weekly or less often
Chronic sleep impairment
(BLUE)
Flattened affect; circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech
Disturbances of motivation and mood; difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships
(GREEN)
Near-continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively

Difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances (including work or a worklike setting)

and obsessional rituals which interfere with routine activities.

Yellow = 30%

Blue = 50%

Green = 70%

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My claim went into Pending Decision Approval yesterday, and today it went into Preparation for Notification. Hopefully this is good news and a good start to the new year!

Regardless of the outcome of your decision, since you are unemployable, you should file for TDIU sooner rather than later. I would not even wait until you get the decision. Earlier application date means earlier effective date which means bigger retro. Delay applying means later effective date means less retro.

You can figure out how much it will cost you to delay filing for TDIU for a month. Assuming you get approved, eventually, 1 month times $2973 minus what you already received, say 30% or about $450 equals about $2500 that it will cost you for each month you delay filing for TDIU.

Of course, this does not apply if you dont meet the criteria, that is, if you are UNEMPLOYED, but not UNEMPLOYABLE. Often, Vets dont know the difference, I know I did not.

When my DOC said I was unemployable, that is when I finally figured it out. It is possible, or even likely that you are UNEMPLOYABLE but your doc has not opined as such, possibly because you did not see him or ask him if you are unemployable.

My claim went into Pending Decision Approval yesterday, and today it went into Preparation for Notification. Hopefully this is good news and a good start to the new year!

this just means that your rating decision has been signed and awaiting to be distributed. I would say within the next two weeks you should receive your rating decision. If i may ask, what type of claim did you file, how long has it taken and which VARO is doing the adjudicating?

I just looked at my C&P. They didn't have my c-file at the time

Got a GAF:60

Axis I: PTSD with alcohol abuse in partial remission.

Symptoms : Anxiety, chronic sleep impairment, flattened affect, difficulty establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships.

Competency: Yes

Maybe with the other aspects of my claim I'll end up with 50%

Update, they deferred everything accept for the Hernia. They gave me 20%, this was on Jan 2. The AB8 was online the 4th and I received my retro pay today in my account (8th). I wish all of this would have gone this quick.

The scheduled me for another C&P for the deferred mental issues. The rater deferred because they needed a C&P for Anxiety, which I already did last month, the same day I did the hernia appt. I told them this was already done, they checked the C&P exam and there it was, somehow the raters missed it. She sent it back to the raters as of Friday of last week. Hopefully this one goes as quick as the hernia one did. That retro check was nice, my claim in was started in early 2011.