VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssoc

Rate this question

qwiksting

Question

What does this mean as far as...the AMC goes. I called today and was told that my case was closed a descision was made, and that they were waiting for SSOC. I asked if it meant suplemental statement of the case and was told no, not on this end. The lady was really nice and told me she would call me back later to try and find someone there to help her dig deeper into my case/files/descision and call me back, but I am not holding my breath. All I can think of is they denied my claim again...thanks

I went to check on ebenefits about my appeal status and it says closed 12/31/12.

Edited by qwiksting

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yea, thats what I feel. Although I have been denied before and given the reasoning behind the denial, i wonder if they would give reasoning as to why they decide to grant? Wishful thinking though.

Yea, thats what I feel. Although I have been denied before and given the reasoning behind the denial, i wonder if they would give reasoning as to why they decide to grant? Wishful thinking though. I guess it must be heading back to BVA for the final say?? It was remanded to the amc from bva in july, so???

Googled it and came up with some scenarios....Based off of my original claim and what the BVA remanded to the amc: A: Was caused or incurred in service B: was made worse or aggravated by SC ptsd. If either one of these are denied then a SSOC is generated. So, just maybe, the A scenario will be granted and the B scenario was denied, therefore SSOC generated. So, maybe a partial grant could be in order?

Edited by qwiksting

Date of Progress

Progress

Progress Office

08/29/2008

Local VA Office Decision

RO

12/09/2008

Notice of Disagreement (NOD)

RO

02/18/2009

Appeal Pending

BVA

09/18/2009

Statement of the Case (SOC)

RO

10/14/2009

Substantive Appeal (Form 9)

RO

01/22/2010

Certification of Appeal

RO

01/29/2010

Received by BVA

BVA

01/29/2010

Administrative Case Processing

BVA

02/03/2010

With VSO

BVA

04/26/2010

With VSO

BVA

08/20/2010

With VSO

BVA

06/01/2011

With VSO

BVA

04/26/2012

With VSO

BVA

04/27/2012

With VSO

BVA

04/27/2012

With VLJ

BVA

04/27/2012

With VLJ

BVA

06/18/2012

With VLJ

BVA

06/22/2012

With VLJ

BVA

06/29/2012

With VLJ

BVA

07/10/2012

With VLJ

BVA

07/11/2012

With VLJ

BVA

07/12/2012

With VLJ

BVA

07/18/2012

Pending Dispatch

BVA

07/18/2012

Decision & Claims File Dispatch

BVA

07/20/2012

BVA

12/31/2012

Supplemental Statement(s) of the Case (SSOC)

RO

01/03/2013

BVA

ok, so I just looked at Ebenefits again and it changed to RED and administration processing. I called the AMC and was told that my claim was closed on 12/31/12 and it is now at the BVA. I was not given a SSOC.....so what does this mean. My remand said that if my claim continues to get denied that the RO is supposed to supply me with a SSOC and time to respond before it goes back to BVA....any takers????

Edited by qwiksting

Just got a call from AMC, and was told that an SSOC was sent out, but never returned back. I call BS!!!!! I have been calling the AMC frequently to get status on my appeal, and nothing was ever mentioned about an SSOC being sent to me. Only that a rater was looking at my appeal!! The lady also said she saw nothing on her screen that indicated a SSOC was ever sent to me. Can O" Worms here. She told me that she would get with a supervisor there and find out what was going on, even though it was sent back to BVA 12-31-12, (without my rebuttal to SSOC,if it was needed). It appears that this appeal is going to get even more f'ed up because I have no idea as to what was on the SSOC or if there were anything else needed to resolve my appeal. It looks like my only hope is that someone at BVA will look through the evidence on record and make a correct fair decision.

What normally does a SSOC have on it?