VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase/iu C&p

Rate this question

sparkle

Question

Hi all and thank you for your service. I took my c&p exam for depression/ iu, on 10/09/12 and on the work sheet was this: 3. Symptoms

For VA rating purposes, check all symptoms that apply to the Veteran's diagnoses:this is what the c&p dr. checked.

depressed mood

anxiety

chronic sleep impairment

circumstantial, circumlocutory, or stereotyped speech

impaired judgment

disturbances of motivation and mood

difficulty in adapting to stressful circumstances, including work and social relationships

difficulty in adaping to stressful circumstances, including work or a worklike setting

impaired impusle control, such as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence

capable of managing her financial affairs

Not sure this will help me get my iu or a increase from 40% to maybe 70%, BTW GAF is 45.

claim filed 8/19/11, claim is in the rating stage as of 11/19/12

completion date: 1/8/13 - 4/20/13 just hope its not 1 more year of waiting. any one got input on my quest for IU/Increase.

Thanks In Advance,

*Sparkle

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

wow Bob that was fast the winston salem ro in NC is so slow. I was thinking things would go quick because I just have one thing Iam filing for. Is there something I can do to make things speed up? and thank you for your service as well.

Edited by sparkle

Ours is at the Winston-Salem RO as well....had C&P's done March 2011 - still waiting - in prep for decision phase ....but more then 1 contention (upgrades) for the both of us. Hoping now that you've had your C&P and you only have one contention to your claim (upgrade) things will go a lot quicker for you then they have been going for us. I hope when you get your white/brown envelope you'll share the news just to give others waiting (Winston-Salem) an idea of the timeline for completion. Best wishes - hope you get both the increase and IU - from the symptoms you listed it sure looks like you rate the 70% .

Hi Sparkle,

The reason it went so quickly, it was a claim that

was treated as a reopened claim from 1976. I got case

management involved & they expedited it. Also it was

1 issue (para. schitz.). My claim was filed in July 2011.

Best of luck to you,

Bob K

Hi Sparkle,

The reason it went so quickly, it was a claim that

was treated as a reopened claim from 1976. I got case

management involved & they expedited it. Also it was

1 issue (para. schitz.). My claim was filed in July 2011.

Best of luck to you,

Bob K

I only have one claim in as well. I will be posting the out come of each stage.

Hey Sparkle. I talked with you last year when we both were dealing with SSDI. Did you make sure that the VARO obtained your SSDI records? If they have those and your C&p exam all you can do is sit back and wait. I was told SSDI was a slow process. That was fast and easy for me compared to the VA. Your a nice person with a big heart. Hang in there.

Mike.

Edited by kymike