VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Job

Rate this question

david walker

Question

Guys I need some advice. I have a interview jobinterview. Its a desk job, and will be alot easier on me. Problem is I take lortab & xanax. I know its legal, but I would rather they not know. I called the lab and they said it would not cause me to fail the drug test but it will show up and I should tell them. I've thought about laying off to get all my meds out of my system. Any ideas.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Your employer gives a drug test? I think the opiates are going to show in your system. Why not be honest? Is it going to hurt your job prospects if this shows in your application physical?

Your employer gives a drug test? I think the opiates are going to show in your system. Why not be honest? Is it going to hurt your job prospects if this shows in your application physical?

Hey I would bring the bottles to the lab and let them write it down. I 2 had to take a drug test and hade no problems

Jim

• HadIt.com Elder

At my last job, I had 3 or 4 drug tests. Always asked what medication are you taking? I said there are so many I can't recall, but I will go home & bring them back. I walked in with 12 bottles of medication.

I took the test & never heard from the test. If they have a problem with medication that the VA gives you, I can think of some more problems they might have with me. I was going to get laid off years later & it wasn't time to go. I went to Human Resources & mentioned that business with government contracts have to give Veterans with 30% or disability special consideration in hiring, layoff, etc. I got called next day, "You are not going anywhere". I was there 5 months longer than my department manager.

Don

Guest jstacy

Your all missing the point. A legal Drug in someones system is the same as a clean test. The companies are not allowed to discuss legal prescriotion drugs. They would have law suit after law suit. E ven if its a random test, then it is still considered clean and if the results are not favorable, Then that is a violation of your rights.

Thanks guys, I'm just afraid they may not be willing to give me a chance with all my medical problems. Alot of people assume if you take the meds I'm on your a druggie. This job is working the the office at a public school. So you know they will frown on the meds.