VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Mtbi

Rate this question

WhyMista

Question

I am supposed to be having another c&p done because when I did my initial one back in February of last year they didn't schedule it. Last I talked to the DAV they said that the va expected to have all evidence by mid February.

My question is I read the thread about the dos and donts of c&p.

I guess I'm looking for any advice on what they primarily focus on and how to be sure they can see how it does affect me but also while being direct about it. I learned unfortunately too late that you should not try and act as if nothing is wrong and be the typical Marine who just deals with issues because then they equate that to you not having any problems.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Welcome to Hadit.com WhyMista.

Many vets have tried to "suck it up and march on" - it's what was instilled in us in whatever branch of service from bootcamp on...so you are not alone. A C&P exam IS NOT the place you want to suck it up - just be honest about your condition or symptoms and never give up the fight to obtain the compensation you have earned through your service to our country.

You might want to read this thread in regards to what they will focusing on in regards to TBI

Semper Fi!

Edited by USMC5811

Thanks for the link. I'm so glad I found this place by accident today.

Thanks for the link. I'm so glad I found this place by accident today.

Welcome to the 1st CivDiv devil dog, glad you found us, stick with it and we'll help you secure what you've earned by right and toil. Best site on the net for our kind of struggle.

So today I went to the va today get copies of my c & p. They of course didn't do mine for tbi but the doctor who did the consult for vertigo said that it wasn't vertigo I'm suffering from as there aren't any vestibular problems and that I should be seen by a neurologist as it is most likely my issues cause by either a neurological disease or tbi.

That and apparently I can't touch my finger to my nose with my eyes closed and I have balance problems when standing with my eyes closed so whenever I go for my tbi c&p having one opinion from within the va should help.

1stCivDiv is so boring.....

Welcome to the 1st CivDiv devil dog, glad you found us, stick with it and we'll help you secure what you've earned by right and toil. Best site on the net for our kind of struggle.

Don't worry devil dog, its boring but it has its perks...at least you don't have to worry about IED's here right lol... As far as your C&P, your exactly right about that docs opinion, put that in your magazine because it definitely counts as a medical opinion in your favor. And like you said... He works for the va so it's a win win.

True there aren't ieds here thankfully. But I learned to develope a rather morbid sense of humor in iraq. Right after I got blown up and we got my a driver taken care of next day we were back out in patrol and every time we'd drive by trash or a hole he'd yell "boom" to freak me out...... Bastard but it helped me get over that initial fear.

I did call the case management number and they said someone would call me and it seems that they have been from what I saw in that other thread. I got my c&p files and the messed up part is they didn't have my c-file so on my claim for vertigo, torn rotator cuffs, nerve damage in my right ankle and of course tbi all the docs said was we cannot form an opinion without more information.

For ptsd he gave me a GAF of 60 with alcohol abuse in partial remission with symptoms of chronic sleep disturbances, restricted affect, anxiety, and difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships.

Since when he wrote this my stressors weren't conceded because they hadn't seen my medical records etc. Lol maybe between the ptsd, tbi and migraines I'll get 60%. I'll be fine with that.

It's sad I still wear my hair short and generally shave. Long hair and facial hair just feels weird

Don't worry devil dog, its boring but it has its perks...at least you don't have to worry about IED's here right lol... As far as your C&P, your exactly right about that docs opinion, put that in your magazine because it definitely counts as a medical opinion in your favor. And like you said... He works for the va so it's a win win.