VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam Through "msla"

Rate this question

silvada05

Question

Hello all,

I am having my c&p for PTSD increase on Saturday through "MSLA", has anyone had any contact with them? What I have researched, they are similar to QTC, but not as "known". I can't find anyone with a good or bad experience with them.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here is some info on MSLA

http://www.mslaca.com/veterans/

The term is unfamiliar to me......but I think basically like QTC (maybe better....)

I assume that 30% of your rating is for PTSD now. ????

We have the PTSD schedule of Ratings here.

Do you feel you have enough evidence to warrant a higher rating?

Are you employed or has your PTSD hindered your ability to become employed substantially?

Lots of PTSD info here in the PTSD forum.

Welcome Aboard MARINE

Thanks for the the response Berta. Hopefully they are better than qtc.

Yes, 30% PTSD now. The examiner, (through qtc), never had my c-file and mentioned my files were "unavailable" in 2010. I, along with some VA personal feel I should've been awarded 50%, (no surprise they "low balled" me).

My symptoms got worse and I was hospitalized at the Los Angeles VAMC for the last 6 months. I was in the combat trauma program and then had to leave early due to my wife having our 2nd child. There is plenty of evidence in the VAMC files from psychologist, psychiatriat, etc.

I was employed, but since I was hospitalized I was "let go". I was able to maintain my employment for a couple years, but to the credit of my employer which is also a Marine combat veteran of Iraq and knew what I was going through. Calling in, showing up drunk, drinking during lunch, arguing with customers and coworkers, etc. was "swept under the rug".

I am now on 6 psychiatric meds and continue my treatment at the vet center and a private psychologist- through soldiers project.

My worry is that the examiner or VA will grant me them increase, but will set it at 50% rather than 70% or 100%. I also don't know if he/she will have my file. The appointment letter states to bring my medication list and a photo id. I have a letter from my VA psychologist while I was inpatient at VAMC and a few others VA psychiatrist.

Thank you for the help

My worry is that the examiner or VA will grant me them increase, but will set it at 50% rather than 70% or 100%. I also don't know if he/she will have my file. The appointment letter states to bring my medication list and a photo id. I have a letter from my VA psychologist while I was inpatient at VAMC and a few others VA psychiatrist.

Thank you for the help

Since SC for PTSD has already been granted - the only factor relevant to evaluation

of percentage level is current level of disability.

I definitely think you should file for TDIU as well as SSDI.

The TDIU form is 21-8940 and lots of info here on that.

Then again- it is possible (if the VA has all the pertinent evidence, that they could award you 70 and enclose the TDIU form themselves.

But I have learned to have low expectations of the VA when it comes to evidence.

Have you requested a copy of the MSLA C& P results?

I am not sure if MSLA would release them or if you would have to request that report from the VARO that has your claim.

The results will give you a heads up on what to expect.

The side affects alone from" 6 psychiatric meds" are a factor VA must consider when they determine TDIU as well as all other pertinent medical records.

"My symptoms got worse and I was hospitalized at the Los Angeles VAMC for the last 6 months. I was in the combat trauma program "

Is VA fully aware and do they have those records?

Did anyone there help you file for temp 100% ?

21 days or more of continuous treatment in a VAMC for a SC, regardless of the current SC rating, equals 100% temp comp.

When my husband was in the PTSD Inhouse program, in Buffalo for PTSD , still rated at 30 % SC PTSC someone there filled out the 100% temp comp forms for the vets and the check took about 4-6 weeks to arrive.

"The examiner, (through qtc), never had my c-file and mentioned my files were "unavailable" in 2010. I, along with some VA personal feel I should've been awarded 50%, (no surprise they "low balled" me)."

I got a C & P exam on my husband thrown out many years ago because of the same BS.

When we got to the C & P docs office in Canadaigua (at least it was a real shrink) I could hear employees in the hallway looking all over for his C file and records, during the exam. I was glad I witnessed that and used it in a response to the proposed reduction.

The VA had proposed to reduce his 30 % PTSD to 10%.Because he had become a VA employee and also had finished his first semester of Voc Rehab.

I used VA regs and basic common sense in the NOD and they dropped the proposed reduction crap in about 7 months after they got the NOD.Within 3 years after that he was awarded 100% SC for PTSD by SSA and then 3 years after his death, VA awarded posthumously, 100% P & T for PTSD.

A C & P exam ,without the pertinent records available, is ripe for appeal on that basis.

If I were you I would consider filing for the TDIU sooner then later, as you will then preserve your earliest effective date (EED) that way.

Edited by Berta