VA Disability Claims Community Forums - HadIt.com Veterans

• veterans-crisis-line.jpg
    The Veterans Crisis Line can help even if you’re not enrolled in VA benefits or health care.

CHAT NOW

• question-001.jpeg

Have Questions? Get Answers.

Tips on posting on the forums.

1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery instead of ‘I have a question.

2. Knowledgeable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title.
      I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.

3. Use paragraphs instead of one massive, rambling introduction or story.

Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph, there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

Leading too:

exclamation-point.pngPost straightforward questions and then post background information.

Examples:

• Question A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • Adding Background information in your post will help members understand what information you are looking for so they can assist you in finding it.
    Rephrase the question: I was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine, but the claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?

• Question B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • See how the details below give us a better understanding of what you’re claiming.
    Rephrase the question: I was involved in a traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial of your claim?”

Note:

• Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. This process does not take long.
    • Your first posts on the board may be delayed before they appear as they are reviewed. The review requirement will usually be removed by the 6th post. However, we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.
    • This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before hitting the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims, and this helps us do that.
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

• VA Watchdog

• Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

employment 2.jpeg

You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Claims Backlogs By Ro

tmoe

Question

Hello all, here is a claims backlog report that show 52 regional office weekly reports if already posted please delete.

Also look at the appealed wait time SC 1260 average days wait time

http://vivid-leaf-2293.herokuapp.com/e/pending-claims/timeline/130000000/

Edited by tmoe (see edit history)

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My God ! Houston is going to take over 4 years to process an appeal.... wish we could fire all the employees and put disabled veterans in those jobs.. we would get claims processed then

Waco takes an average of 459 and of all the vets waiting only 10k have waited less than 125 days the other 37k are waiting almost a year and a half on average.

I'm over the 540 day mark still waiting to do the comp and pen for my tbi, wrist, migraines and sensitivity to light....

Waco can go xxxx themselves

I can't say I am shocked by these stats. But this is so messed up. So much for "due process"!

Majority of the people who work at the Houston Regional office are DVs. Mind you every trip I make to that place, workers are constantly going in and out of the Canteen. They walk around with no urgency talking and joking with co-workers.

• HadIt.com Elder

If ever there was a reason for vets to march it is this Backlog. I may very well be dead before my CUE claim is ever decided once and for all. I have already waited 7 years and I know I have years to go if my lawyer will hang in there.

John

Los Angeles is 537 days for claim and 2047 days for appeal that means that'll take you seven years to get to the point where you can appeal to the BVA and you still have another two to three year wait. When I filed my NOD in Oct of 2009 I was told it would be 400 days and I've been waiting for over three years, my second NOD is a year and five months with claims at a year and five months and ten months. I sure do hope that I'm around for the end.

Rick

Lol I'm at over 570 for my initial claim. It's absurd. It would be so funny if we all ended up on a ratings board for when those lazy fucks applied for retirement and what not. I'd just take a piss on their request and say oh yeah it'll be done in a decade or so

Los Angeles is 537 days for claim and 2047 days for appeal that means that'll take you seven years to get to the point where you can appeal to the BVA and you still have another two to three year wait. When I filed my NOD in Oct of 2009 I was told it would be 400 days and I've been waiting for over three years, my second NOD is a year and five months with claims at a year and five months and ten months. I sure do hope that I'm around for the end.

Rick

On Saturday I recieved a call from a Houston VARO employee. This person informed my that my claim was now in the rating section and since it had not been there for 18 months that I would waiting at least until then. She stated that they are now looking at claims of 2010.

• HadIt.com Elder

Same o same o in 1996 when my claim was finally decided at 100% it had taken over 2000 days and Social Secirity took a little over 100.

I sent in an IRIS about my claims and NODs last week and got a response today. In the response they said that claims at Los Angeles are taking about a year and NODS are taking about 612 days. What the VA is saying doesn't match up with the link says. I guess that they'll be done when they're done. With all the time that it's taking claims I have to wonder how many will be denied because the retro is too high and the rater doesn't want to be the person approving such a large retro.

Rick

"With all the time that it's taking claims I have to wonder how many will be denied because the retro is too high and the rater doesn't want to be the person approving such a large retro."

Over 25 thousand retro gets 3 signatures.

I wonder how many are being denied because no one has actual read the claim and the evidence at all.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have read that at least 20% of nearly 3 million OIF/OEF vets have filed claims so far. I think we are talking about 500,000 new claims on top of millions of appeals. You will notice that you hear very little about Iraq vets these days. As soon as we get out of Afghanistan you will hear little about them as well. The pressure to fix this backlog will ebb. Only 2-3% of Americans are veterans these days and that number will drop as will clout of VSO's (if they had any). NRA has much more clout than all the vet organizations combined. Every surviving Vietnam vet should probably file a claim in coming years since DMII and IHD are presumptive. That is another 800,000 plus vets filing claims.

John

Location, location and location. You got it right. I just got a letter this month about my C&P exam and my claim was being done in Agusta ME because of backlog in Indianapolis. Sounds like buck passing to me.

Lots of the same in the Roanoke Va. VARO the report claims an avg of 395 day for initial claims and 1385 for apeals. My clain INITIAL is now 820 days still in collecting dust. And when I visit the RO I see much of the same as DSLAYER staff walking around no sense of urgency laughing and jokeing or catching up on gossip, when you ask to see a agent you wait 45 min then when you go in they take you to a cubby with a empty table and ask what do you want then give vaugh responses and rush you out. However in back behind the cement curtain I saw much of the same behavior of the employees visiting with each other and shooting the breeze, no wounder they have a backlog but where do they ger the avg wait times?

Rich!biggrin.png

• HadIt.com Elder
Lots of the same in the Roanoke Va. VARO the report claims an avg of 395 day for initial claims and 1385 for apeals. My clain INITIAL is now 820 days still in collecting dust. And when I visit the RO I see much of the same as DSLAYER staff walking around no sense of urgency laughing and jokeing or catching up on gossip, when you ask to see a agent you wait 45 min then when you go in they take you to a cubby with a empty table and ask what do you want then give vaugh responses and rush you out. However in back behind the cement curtain I saw much of the same behavior of the employees visiting with each other and shooting the breeze, no wounder they have a backlog but where do they ger the avg wait times?

Rich!biggrin.png

Rich, are your claims AO related? 820 days is a long time.

J

Rich, are your claims AO related? 820 days is a long time.

J

Hey J I didn't think so but CC may have solved a life long mystery for me possible AO now have to do some research on Alaska in 78-81 Thanks Rich!

Edited by Ridehard2208 (see edit history)

• HadIt.com Elder

I remember you now. You were the dude outside in the frigid cold.

Fighting fires and other stuff.

Hang in there man. Good Old CC is the Guru on AK and can be a big help to you.

J

It just occurred to me - the VA is spitting in the face of returning vets.

Letting battered and broken troops add financial grief and strain to their suffering says, "You are not important to us."

There is no excuse for not giving more monetary help, even temporarily, to those in the claims juggernaut.