VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Backlogs By Ro

Rate this question

tmoe

Question

• Answers 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Lol I'm at over 570 for my initial claim. It's absurd. It would be so funny if we all ended up on a ratings board for when those lazy fucks applied for retirement and what not. I'd just take a piss on their request and say oh yeah it'll be done in a decade or so

Los Angeles is 537 days for claim and 2047 days for appeal that means that'll take you seven years to get to the point where you can appeal to the BVA and you still have another two to three year wait. When I filed my NOD in Oct of 2009 I was told it would be 400 days and I've been waiting for over three years, my second NOD is a year and five months with claims at a year and five months and ten months. I sure do hope that I'm around for the end.

Rick

On Saturday I recieved a call from a Houston VARO employee. This person informed my that my claim was now in the rating section and since it had not been there for 18 months that I would waiting at least until then. She stated that they are now looking at claims of 2010.

• HadIt.com Elder

Same o same o in 1996 when my claim was finally decided at 100% it had taken over 2000 days and Social Secirity took a little over 100.

I sent in an IRIS about my claims and NODs last week and got a response today. In the response they said that claims at Los Angeles are taking about a year and NODS are taking about 612 days. What the VA is saying doesn't match up with the link says. I guess that they'll be done when they're done. With all the time that it's taking claims I have to wonder how many will be denied because the retro is too high and the rater doesn't want to be the person approving such a large retro.

Rick

"With all the time that it's taking claims I have to wonder how many will be denied because the retro is too high and the rater doesn't want to be the person approving such a large retro."

Over 25 thousand retro gets 3 signatures.

I wonder how many are being denied because no one has actual read the claim and the evidence at all.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have read that at least 20% of nearly 3 million OIF/OEF vets have filed claims so far. I think we are talking about 500,000 new claims on top of millions of appeals. You will notice that you hear very little about Iraq vets these days. As soon as we get out of Afghanistan you will hear little about them as well. The pressure to fix this backlog will ebb. Only 2-3% of Americans are veterans these days and that number will drop as will clout of VSO's (if they had any). NRA has much more clout than all the vet organizations combined. Every surviving Vietnam vet should probably file a claim in coming years since DMII and IHD are presumptive. That is another 800,000 plus vets filing claims.

John