VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed For Increase Ptsd !

Rate this question

Harley-1

Question

Riding My FLH , creating things, over a year ago and I took Your guys suggestion of waiting a year and then filing for a increase instead of a NOD- since the award of the 30 % I have had quite a few MH visits and they have been treating My symptoms with two different scripts and one I was just able to get My Doc to up the amount prescribed to be taken daily : ) - I was originally prescribed these two meds by the MH department and since My last visit with them some 6 months ago My VA Doc has taken it upon Herself to continue these scripts to Me per the refills were finally up and I can't seem to get another appt at the MH department and they give Me this short handed BS so more MH visits have not been available?? I have even requested My regular Doc request appointments for Me with no luck yet-I guess I will just heavily document My tries to get in for visits and send that info along with Meds proof and increase in Meds to Waco for ongoing evidence to validate increase requested along with statement on how the PTSD and Meds have also cost Me My job! any advice would be GREATLY - I was low balld first time arround!!

thanks !

Edited by Harley-1

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I'm sure others will comment but don't expect anything soon waco is taking it think upwards of a year plus for appeals.

Hi Harley,

Sorry for your troubles. At my VAMC it is about a month wait to get a MH appt. unless its an

emergency. Also my doc gave me his office phone #, which he does pick up when you

call him during office hours. Sounds strange you can't get appt. Maybe you should try

changing docs. If you are getting substandard care you can talk to a patient advocate.

Good luck to you,

Bob K

Just like Bob K stated we usually get an appointment each month...if something comes up between visits and we feel we need to speak to them or get an appointment sooner we send an email message via My HealtheVet directly to MH provider. Before signing up for My HealtheVet we both just sent regular emails to their email address provided on their business card we received on our very first visit. My Healthevet provides a more secure way to send the emails. It works for us...rather then playing phone tag and provides us written documentation. Definitely document each attempt at trying to get an appointment and as Bob stated contact a patient advocate and document that as well. Hoping things work out for you Harley both in getting appointments and your increase.

Thanks for the reply's- I guess I will keep calling MH for a appt-I wish I was going wherever You Guys go to-a Docs business card? and direct # I am lucky here in El Paso TX to get My 5 minutes with My regular Doc once a year-and I filled out the Healthy vet connection paperwork authorization form for special? access to be added so I can email these people/Doctors to communicate My issues and haven't heard a peep?So ebenefits works-Healthyvet kinda works-and I have literally left My phone ringing for an 1 hr multiple occasions trying to contact anyone!

Edited by Harley-1

I just spoke to MH here again and I got the same story=We are waiting on 2 Doctors to arrive for PTSD treatments and no one has come yet !! I asked the individual I spoke with if they could mail Me something stating that or maybe an email?? they will get back with Me! right shure they will.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are having any kind of crises MH is supposed to be available to you fast. My shrink has told me often to call her if I need to and she will see me after 4pm. Call the crises line and tell them you are having thoughts of suicide or murder. That should get you in for a visit. Are you working and would you be missed if you were gone a few days? When I got fired from my last job I went directly to the VAMC and got admitted to the psychiatric ward. I was shook up, indeed. This admission helped me get an EED.

John