VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Diagnosed Major Depression

Rate this question

TLaff

Question

I am diagnosed by VA mental health Doc with Major Depression secondary to GMC, axis I pain disorder with both Psychological factors and General Medical Condition, axis II deferred axis iii GERD, shoulder arthralgia, degeneration of cervical intervetebrae axis Iv chronic pain loss of functioning axis V GAF 50-55

I have a claim in for Major Depression,

Two questions are 1. I was diagnosed by VA Ment Health Doc, i take meds for depression, will i still get a C&P exam since it was a VA Doc that diagnosed me or will they just rate me???

2. Any idea what rating i should be looking to get???

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

ok two tours in iraq. just got my c and p results and thd dr did diagnose me with ptsd. he did cheack the box that say it is at least as likely than not it occured in service and i have one stresser that meets ptsd criteria. I have a gaf of 50 to 55 and understand its just a snapshot of current observations and can change but it may help. been waiting 18 months and still in gathering evidence phase in ebennies. looking for some wisdom from some in my shoes. what rating 30 50 60

ok two tours in iraq. just got my c and p results and thd dr did diagnose me with ptsd. he did cheack the box that say it is at least as likely than not it occured in service and i have one stresser that meets ptsd criteria. I have a gaf of 50 to 55 and understand its just a snapshot of current observations and can change but it may help. been waiting 18 months and still in gathering evidence phase in ebennies. looking for some wisdom from some in my shoes. what rating 30 50 60

Welcome.

When you want to post please start a new topic.

Thanks