VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Diagnosed Major Depression

Rate this question

TLaff

Question

I am diagnosed by VA mental health Doc with Major Depression secondary to GMC, axis I pain disorder with both Psychological factors and General Medical Condition, axis II deferred axis iii GERD, shoulder arthralgia, degeneration of cervical intervetebrae axis Iv chronic pain loss of functioning axis V GAF 50-55

I have a claim in for Major Depression,

Two questions are 1. I was diagnosed by VA Ment Health Doc, i take meds for depression, will i still get a C&P exam since it was a VA Doc that diagnosed me or will they just rate me???

2. Any idea what rating i should be looking to get???

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am pretty sure you will get a C&P. Are you able to work? That is really the question that will decide your rating.

My work has suffered considerably, i have provided proof submitted as evidence that i have sold alot of equipment because i can not do the work anymore that i use to and i do very little work in the last year. I am self employed carpet cleaner and i have had to have my step son do what little work i have only to finish a contract so i dont get sued. I have quit advertising, bills are behind with collection letters.

I am pretty sure you will get a C&P. Are you able to work? That is really the question that will decide your rating.

I have not worked in the last 4 months personally.

Not working and being unable to work are two very different things.

The psychologist/psychiatrist (depending on who you see) will have to determine that your mdd causes significant distress and/or impairment.

Also you may want to gather up anything that proves your work has suffered so in the case the comp and pen doesn't come out favorably you have something that you can use as evidence in your favor

Also you may want to gather up anything that proves your work has suffered so in the case the comp and pen doesn't come out favorably you have something that you can use as evidence in your favor

Understand, but i believe the fact that a VA Doc diagnosed me and i take two meds for it i dont think they shoould deny it.

Understand, but i believe the fact that a VA Doc diagnosed me and i take two meds for it i dont think they shoould deny it.

Most of us were diagnosed by either the va or dod and plenty get denied or a low rating. If it was that cut and dry there wouldn't be a need for all the work and time people have to put in to get what they deserve