VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Va Lost My Form To Order Pain Meds For January

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I mailed my re-order form to the VAMC in their own envelope in December for my January refill of my pain meds. My pain meds are delivered by certified mail any time from the 1st to the 8th of the month. This puts a strain on me since I get exactly one month supply. Today was the 9th so I called the pharmacy. No record of any pain meds being mailed. I called the Pain Nurse. She said she never received a form from me???? What should I expect? It is December and the USPS is full of temps throwing main everywhere. The nurse told me that I should expect my 30 day supply to arrive any time between the first of the month to the 13th of the month if I mail in the form on time. If I take my meds as directed I will run out one day after the 30th day after I get them. If I get them on the 2nd of the month I run out on the 3rd. I can't wait until the 13th to get a refill. I have been over this with the big boss time and again and they just do what they want. I asked them when they could express mail them to me and they told me it would take five days from today if I was lucky. I said I obviously could not wait that long and I would come get them........damn 20 miles and perhaps wasted day for all I know. If I had said "yes, I can wait five day" then they might think" if he can go all these days without the drugs why are we sending him narcotic pain meds?"

If your life depends on your drugs the VA is no place to get them. Spend the money and get them on a plan. No real pain doctor would expect you go to almost 2 weeks without narcotic pain meds after being on them five years.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mailed my re-order form to the VAMC in their own envelope in December for my January refill of my pain meds. My pain meds are delivered by certified mail any time from the 1st to the 8th of the month. This puts a strain on me since I get exactly one month supply. Today was the 9th so I called the pharmacy. No record of any pain meds being mailed. I called the Pain Nurse. She said she never received a form from me???? What should I expect? It is December and the USPS is full of temps throwing main everywhere. The nurse told me that I should expect my 30 day supply to arrive any time between the first of the month to the 13th of the month if I mail in the form on time. If I take my meds as directed I will run out one day after the 30th day after I get them. If I get them on the 2nd of the month I run out on the 3rd. I can't wait until the 13th to get a refill. I have been over this with the big boss time and again and they just do what they want. I asked them when they could express mail them to me and they told me it would take five days from today if I was lucky. I said I obviously could not wait that long and I would come get them........damn 20 miles and perhaps wasted day for all I know. If I had said "yes, I can wait five day" then they might think" if he can go all these days without the drugs why are we sending him narcotic pain meds?"

If your life depends on your drugs the VA is no place to get them. Spend the money and get them on a plan. No real pain doctor would expect you go to almost 2 weeks without narcotic pain meds after being on them five years.

Hey John sorry to hear your bad news I don't know if I just got lucky or if your PCP would do you like mine does me for my narcotic pain meds I leave him a e-mail 5 days before out and I get them in three days via fedex. I know there is no way I could go two days w/o and not go off my rocker. Hope you get your meds tomorrow, and are able to work out something for furture months. Best of luck Rich!

Edited by Ridehard2208

John,

Are you signed up for myhealthevet ?

I reorder my meds on line through there

and it's worked out pretty good for me.

Carlie for things like morphine and oxycodone you have to get refilled month to month and get through signature mail service only

• HadIt.com Elder

Right, Richard, the form I sent just got lost in the mail during Christmas rush. I take measures for such events but it does piss me off a bit. I got to call the pharmacy Thursday and make sure I can come for window pick-up. My doctor cooperated and opiate nurse cooperated (with usual suspicion) so I should get them. Like I say I can get the meds from the 1st of the month through the 13th of the month. If I get them on the first one month and the 13th the next month I am getting shorted. This happens all the time.

John

My doctor orders my hydrocodone for a 6 month supply. I use MyHealthy Vet to order my refills every month. My medication is dispensed 8 days before I would run out. It takes the mailman 4 days to deliver the meds, which I have to sign for , so usually get them 4 days in advance of running out. On my Healthy Vet as soon as I get the meds in the mail I go into MyHealth Vet and place an order for the next month, the computer system automatically updates my "due by date" for the next month and again 8 days prior to running out they are dispensed. If this month has 31 days in it the system will up date my "due by date" by one day. So I get my meds on an every 30 day basis. I do not have to send in any forms. I can look at my meds on MyHealth Vet and track when each of them has been dispensed they also have a past history of all drugs they sent me for the last 3 years. When I get to the last refill of my 6 month supply I use my "Personal Messaging " system that is on the MyHealthy Vet site and E-mail my request directly to my doctor and ask him to reorder my next 6 month supply. He usually responds himself or sometime his nurse will respond usually the same day that the doctor has reordered my hydrocodone. I then go to my Healthy Vet site the next day to see if the order is there. MyHealth Vet site updates at midnight so I don't see the update untill the next day. You will have to sign up for the Personal Messaging system with your doctors office and on the MyHealthy Vet site. Some places my not have this system in service yet. I have had it for about a year and half now and it is GREAT. No more phone calls, be put on hold so long that your wife finds your skeleton holding on to the phone, or waiting for a call back that never comes etc.